This Easy Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole will knock your socks off with its incredible flavor. Made with chicken, ham, cheese, and more, this creamy keto low carb chicken cordon bleu casserole is sure to become a family favorite. It’s simple, creamy, rich, and satisfying!
Chicken Cordon Bleu has always been a dish that I never grow tired of. If you have ever made a traditional cordon bleu recipe, then you know it’s a TON of work. Granted, it’s worth every single second after you bite into that juicy chicken. However, I wanted to create a low carb version of chicken cordon bleu that didn’t take much effort and tastes phenomenal. I have created it, and this recipe works! It’s seriously a family favorite, and we make it at least twice a month.
So, in less than one hour, you can quickly and easily make this unforgettable low carb chicken cordon bleu. I know an hour might sound like a while, but there isn’t much you need to do during that time. Just prepare it, and then the oven does all the rest of the work for you. When it’s finished baking, you will get the enjoyment of biting into this fantastic chicken dinner. I can’t wait for you to try it!
The thing about keto chicken cordon bleu is that it’s classy and perfect for entertaining. Most people who have tried it before love it and always want to eat it but not make it! Now with a casserole, you can have the best of both worlds. The flavors without the effort. It sounds like a massive win if you ask me.
What is Chicken Cordon Bleu
Chicken cordon bleu is a dish that has a chicken that has ham and cheese either inside of it or wrapped around the outside. There are several different varieties and ways to make it. Traditional methods also have some type of breading that wouldn’t be keto or low carb.
I wanted to create a version of cordon bleu that was a casserole because it’s much simpler to make. I think you will enjoy how it turns out too.
What to serve with Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu
There are so many fantastic foods that go well with homemade chicken cordon bleu. I have made a list of our favorite foods to serve with this chicken casserole to give you a little bit of inspiration:
- Bread – Any kind of your favorite bread of dinner rolls would work well. We love these Keto Garlic Dusted Dinner Rolls, and you probably will too!
- Mac & Cheese – What’s better than serving a cheesy chicken dish with more cheese? For keto, we always eat this keto cauliflower mac and cheese, and it’s excellent.
- Salad – You can opt for a simple garden salad with fresh veggies, or something with all the fixings. Either way is an excellent addition to your meal.
- Soup – I always enjoy eating soup during the colder months. Actually, I eat it year-round! My Keto Broccoli and Cheddar soup go so good with this chicken casserole.
Tips & Tweaks
This chicken cordon bleu is very simple to make, and there isn’t much you can mess up. But I wanted to point out a couple of things that might help.
- You can actually prepare this chicken cordon bleu ahead of time and leave it in the fridge for 24 hours before baking. This is great if you are meal prepping.
- The chicken and ham need to be at the bottom of the casserole. This gives it a strong base and makes it easier to scoop out of the pan.
- While most cordon bleu recipes have swiss cheese, you can swap it for mozzarella or parmesan if you’d rather. They are all delicious and taste great with the other ingredients.
Only eight ingredients are needed to whip up a batch of this amazing casserole. You can make swaps and adjust the ingredients as you see fit too. It’s a versatile recipe!
- Shredded chicken
- Cubed ham
- Cream cheese softened
- Dijon mustard
- Italian seasoning
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- Heavy whipping cream
- Swiss cheese
How to Make Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
With only a handful of ingredients and very few steps, this casserole is fairly hands-off as it cooks. It has the best texture and flavor ever! After you try it, be sure to let us know what you thought about it. Let’s give you the directions so you can get busy!
1. Heat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Sprinkle out a layer of the chicken and then the cubed ham in the bottom of a 9×9 baking dish.
3. Mix together the cream cheese, dijon mustard, Italian seasoning, lemon juice, and heavy whipping cream into a mixing bowl. Beat the cream cheese mixture on high until smooth and combined.
4. Layer the cream cheese mixture over the top of the chicken and ham in the baking dish.
5. Top the casserole with the Swiss cheese slices. Then bake the casserole for 30-40 minutes until browned and bubbly. After it has baked, you can broil the casserole for a minute or two at the end to get the cheese browned and toasty if you desire.
6. Finish by adding some freshly chopped parsley on top right before serving if you wish.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 4 C. Shredded chicken
- 5 oz. Cubed ham
- 4 oz. Cream cheese softened
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. Heavy whipping cream
- 6 Slices of Swiss cheese
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
Layer first the chicken and then the cubed ham in the bottom of a 9x9 baking dish.
Place the cream cheese, dijon mustard, Italian seasoning, lemon juice and heavy whipping cream into a mixing bowl and beat on high until smooth and combined.
Spread the cream cheese mixture over the top of the meat in the baking dish.
Top the casserole with the Swiss cheese slices and bake for 30-40 minutes until browned and bubbly. You can broil the casserole for a minute or two at the end to get the cheese browned and toasty if you desire.
Top with freshly chopped parsley before serving if you wish.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 370Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 131mgSodium 478mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 37g
Don’t you just love chicken? I sure do! It’s an easy cut of meat and provides you with wonderful low carb meals that taste great and are easy to make. Take a look at some of our top chicken recipes:
- Keto BBQ Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders – These chicken tenders are incredible, and the combination of bacon and barbecue sauce is out of this world. You for sure need to try this recipe.
- Keto Chicken Alfredo Pizza – We are HUGE pizza lovers at our house. Just because we enjoy, low carb doesn’t mean we have to give it up. Try it and see how great it is.
- Keto Nacho Stuffed Chicken Breasts – This chicken is stuffed with all sorts of tasty ingredients. It’s bound to be your new go-to chicken dinner.
- Keto Chicken Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers – We love the combination of chicken with jalapeno peppers. It’s divine, and adding the bacon too takes it to the next level.