Nacho Stuffed Chicken Breasts are a flavorful and cheesy family dinner favorite!
These Nacho Stuffed Chicken Breasts are one of my family’s favorite dinners. The kids love it, my husband loves it and I love it. It’s a win-win-win all the way around. The best part? This easy chicken breast recipe is ready in under an hour – and half of that time is in the oven!
When I was younger, I used to mix nacho cheese with salsa, warm it in the microwave, and eat it by the spoonful, with or without chips. There was just something so addictive about the flavor of melted cheddar and salsa together.
That was part of the inspiration behind this Nacho Stuffed Chicken Breast recipe. The core of this recipe is that from the memory I just described – melted cheddar and salsa (Rotel) – with a little bit of added flavor. With the added flavor, these could really be thought of as taco stuffed chicken breasts as well.
Making stuffed chicken breasts was easier than I anticipated! This was actually the first stuffed chicken breast recipe I’ve tried but it certainly won’t be the last. I thought it would much more difficult and always thought of stuffed chicken breast recipes as too much work but the truth is it only took an extra 5 minutes or so and the result was delicious.
The trick is to make the slit in the center of the chicken breast and be careful not to cut all the way through. It should be just big enough to stuff with a spoonful or two of the cheese mixture.
Since making it the first time, these Nacho Stuffed Chicken Breasts have become a big hit in the house. They make it onto the dinner table at least once every two weeks – more if my kids have their say in dinner planning.
What I love most about this chicken breasts is how flavorful and juicy they are. The first bite is always something worth savoring!
How To Make Nacho Stuffed Chicken Breasts:
Step 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Step 2. Make a slit in the side of each chicken breast, making a pocket in the middle to stuff.
Step 3. Combine the softened cream cheese and cheddar cheese in a bowl.
Step 4. Drain the Rotel, trying to get as much liquid out as possible. Add to cheese mixture.
Step 5. Mix in chili powder and cumin. Combine all ingredients well.
Step 6. Stuff each chicken breast with the mixture.
Step 7. Place beaten eggs in a shallow bowl and almond flour on a plate.
Step 8. Dip the chicken breast into the egg and then the flour.
Step 9. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken breasts for 2-3 minutes on each side.
Step 10. Transfer chicken to a sheet pan and bake for 15-20 minutes. Serve immediately.
Can I make these Nacho Stuffed Chicken Breasts spicy?
Of course! You can grab a can of spicy Rotel, or add some diced jalapenos into the cheese mixture if you’re craving some extra spice. You could also up the cumin or chili powder or add in a spicier seasoning of your choice.
Is this Nacho Stuffed Chicken Breast recipe spicy?
Not unless you follow the above suggestions! The original recipe was purposely kept mild, so that it can be enjoyed by the whole family. It is loaded with flavor, not spice, but if someone is super sensitive to any spice, just reduce the amount of chili powder used.
How should I reheat these stuffed chicken breasts?
These are best enjoyed warm and directly out of the oven. However, leftovers can be reheat in the oven or microwave.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 6 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 c. Cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 tbsp. Softened cream cheese
- 1 tsp. Chili powder
- ½ tsp. Cumin
- 10 oz. Can Rotel drained
- 2 Beaten eggs
- ½ c. Almond flour
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Make a slit in the center of of each chicken breast to form a pocket that you will be able to stuff with the nacho filling.
- In a bowl, combine the softened cream cheese and the cheddar cheese.
- Mix in one can of Rotel that has been well drained. Try to get as much of the liquid out as possible.
- Add in the chili powder and cumin. Mix all of the ingredients together until they are combined well.
- Stuff the center of each chicken breast with the cheese mixture.
- Place the beaten eggs in a shallow bowl, and spread the almond flour out on a flat plate.
- Dip the stuffed chicken breasts into the egg, and then roll in the almond flour to coat it.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. When the skillet is very hot, add in the chicken breasts. Cook them for 2-3 minutes on each side to get some crisp and color to the breading.
- Transfer the chicken breasts carefully to a sheet pan, and bake the chicken for 15-20 minutes until it is cooked through.
Amount Per Serving Calories 0Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 0mgCarbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 0g
Make sure you check my best recipes below:
Lemon Herb Salmon Sheet Pan Meal – Full of flavor, this Lemon Herb Salmon Sheet Pan Meal comes together with just a few minutes of prep work for an easy and healthy dinner any night of the week.
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal – a copycat recipe that turns a favorite sugary breakfast into a low carb cereal you won’t be able to get enough of!
Ham and Egg Roll Ups – a low carb breakfast burrito alternative that can be whipped up in just a few minutes and even prepped ahead!
Chocolate Chip Waffles – a decadent and delicious breakfast option the entire family will love!