Keto BBQ Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders are an easy, flavorful lunch, dinner or appetizer!
These Keto BBQ Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders are an easy way to spice up traditional chicken tenders, especially when you skip out on the breading to lower carbs. The bacon and seasonings give a nice flavor and topped with your favorite keto BBQ sauce, you really can’t go wrong!
To make these keto chicken tenders, I started with boneless skinless chicken breasts and cut them down into strips. 3 pounds made roughly 18 chicken tenders, which is perfect for this recipe. However, this recipe is easily customizable to make more or fewer keto chicken tenders. Just adjust the quantity of bacon strips and spices.
The variety of spices used to season these keto BBQ chicken tenders provides a delectable flavor profile. One that has a bit of spice but isn’t over-powering, along with some garlic and onion. If you prefer things less spicy, use less chili powder and more of the other spices.
The best part of these Keto BBQ Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders is, of course, the bacon! You’ll need one slice of bacon for each chicken tender and that should perfectly cover each chicken strip.
The cooking time recommended for these Keto BBQ Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders is what I’ve found to be the best of both worlds – the chicken is cooked but still juicy and the bacon is starting to crisp. If you prefer crunchy bacon, turn the broiler on for the last few minutes.
These keto chicken tenders make a quick and easy lunch or dinner but I also like to serve them as appetizers on game days or when the kids have friends over. After cooking, I cut each tender into 3 to 4 pieces, stick a toothpick in each one and place them on a platter for a grab and go appetizer.
How to Make Keto BBQ Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders:
Step 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Step 2. Place chicken in a large mixing bowl.
Step 3. Add in paprika, chili powder, and cumin.
Step 4. Then add onion powder, garlic powder, and salt.
Step 5. Combine until chicken is coated in all ingredients.
Step 6. Wrap each chicken in a strip of bacon.
Step 8. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
Step 9. Remove keto chicken tenders from the oven and baste with your favorite keto BBQ sauce.
Step 10. Return to oven for a few minutes, until the sauce carmelizes.
How should I serve these Keto BBQ Chicken Tenders?
As I mentioned, these make a great lunch or dinner. However, they can also be served as an appetizer. I like to cut each tender into bite-sized pieces and serve with a toothpick.
What is the best way to serve these keto chicken tenders?
Though these are best served warm from the oven while the bacon is crispy, you can store these in the fridge for a day or two. They are best reheated in the oven so the bacon stays crisp.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 3 lb. Boneless skinless chicken tenderloins (roughly 18 tenders)
- 1 tsp. Chili powder
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Onion powder
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 18 Pieces of bacon
- Sugar free keto-friendly BBQ sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the chicken tenders in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the paprika, chili powder and cumin to the bowl.
- Place the onion powder, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste in the bowl.
- Combine all of the ingredients well until each chicken tender is coated in the seasonings.
- Wrap each seasoned chicken tender in a strip of bacon, and place them on a baking rack. Bake for 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through, and the bacon begins to crisp.
- Remove the chicken tenders from the oven, and use a basting brush to place a layer of sugar free keto-friendly bbq sauce of each one.
- Return the chicken tenders to the oven for another 3-4 minutes until the sauce begins to caramelize on the tenders.
Amount Per Serving Calories 0Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 0mgCarbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 0g
Don’t miss these other keto chicken recipes:
- Keto Nacho Stuffed Chicken Breasts – Keto Nacho Stuffed Chicken Breasts are a flavorful and cheesy family dinner favorite!
- Keto Chicken Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers – Take your favorite appetizer to a whole new level – you can even turn them into a light meal!
- Keto Chicken Parmesan – This Keto Chicken Parmesan turns your favorite Italian dish into a delicious keto dinner. No more missing dinner out at the Italian restaurant!