Chicken Alfredo Pizza uses homemade pizza crust for a quick, easy, and deliciously cheesy pizza any night of the week!
This Chicken Alfredo Pizza is the version of my favorite pizza. Yes, that’s right – I’ll pick this not-so-traditional pizza over your margarita or meatlovers pizza any night of the week.
I’ve learned that chicken alfredo pizza is a bit of a regional thing and not something that appears on any traditional Italian pizza restaurant’s menu. If you’ve never tried it, this Chicken Alfredo Pizza recipe will have you hooked!
As you may have guessed, Chicken Alfredo Pizza is a combination between chicken alfredo pasta and a traditional pizza. In this pizza recipe, the red sauce is replaced by alfredo sauce and topped with chicken. And cheese. Lots and lots of cheese.
I love this pizza because it’s creamy, cheesy and full of flavor. I could literally eat this pizza for lunch AND dinner for a few days straight. It’s that good!
To make this Chicken Alfredo Pizza, I created a homemade pizza dough, using a base of mozzarella and cream cheese along with almond flour and a few other ingredients. With the cheese base, I find it pairs perfectly with not only thing pizza but any other pizzas you may want to make as well.
The pizza dough comes together in just a few minutes. There’s no refrigeration or resting time needed. Just mix the ingredients together, bake, add your toppings and bake again.
From start to finish, this Chicken Alfredo Pizza can be ready in about 30 minutes, making it an ideal weeknight dinner. If you’re feeling ambitious, you could make a alfredo sauce from scratch but I like to keep things simple and just used a jar of low carb alfredo sauce.
If I have leftover bacon, I’ll throw that on this pizza as well. Mushrooms, spinach, tomato and ham all make good toppings for this Chicken Alfredo Pizza but no need to overdo it. Basic is better sometimes!
Whether you’re already a fan of alfredo pizza or this is your first time trying it, this Chicken Alfredo Pizza is going to become a favorite in your home!
How To Make Chicken Alfredo Pizza:
Step 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Step 2. Place 1 ½ cups of mozzarella and the cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 15-second intervals until completely melted and combined.
Step 3. Add in almond flour, garlic powder, salt, and white wine vinegar. Use your hands to combine and knead the mixture.
Step 4. Add egg and beat on high to combine well.
Step 5. Place the dough on the center of a lined baking sheet. Flatten and shape the dough until it is ¼ to ½ inch thick, depending on your desired crust thickness. Wet your fingers to keep the dough from sticking to your hands.
Step 6. Use a fork to poke holes into the crust and then bake for 6-8 minutes, popping any bubbles.
Step 7. Remove pizza crust from the oven. Spread a thin layer over alfredo sauce over the crust.
Step 8. Top with the remaining shredded mozzarella and grilled chicken pieces.
Step 9. Return to oven for 5-7 minutes, until cheese is bubbling.
Step 10. Slice into 6 equal pieces and serve hot. Garnish with parsley if desired.
What variations can I make to this Chicken Alfredo Pizza?
Bacon and mushrooms both make tasty additions to chicken alfredo pizza! You can also add spinach and tomatoes.
How should I reheat this alfredo pizza?
Leftover pizza slices are best reheated in the oven. If you’re short on time, you can also reheat in the microwave.
What else can I use this pizza dough for?
The pizza dough I used in this alfredo pizza recipe can be used in any other pizza recipe. I often makeup two or three pizza bases with this dough and then let the kids get creative and make their own pizza.
Chicken Alfredo Pizza
- 2 ½ c Shredded Mozzarella cheese divided
- 2 oz. Cream cheese
- ¾ c Almond flour
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp White wine vinegar
- Pinch salt
- 1 Egg
- ¼ c Low carb alfredo sauce
- 4-5 oz Grilled chicken pieces
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place 1 ½ cups of shredded mozzarella cheese and the cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for one minute, stir, and continue to heat at 15 second intervals until the cheese is completely melted and combined well.
- Add in the almond flour, garlic powder, salt and white wine vinegar. Stir to combine well. This sometimes is easier if you use your hands to work and knead the mixture.
- Place the egg into the bowl with your dough mixture, and beat on high until well combined.
- Place a little water on your fingers, and place the dough into the center of a lined baking sheet. With your hands, flatten and shape the dough into a round pizza crust about a ¼ to ½ and inch thick. The water on your hands will keep the dough from sticking to your fingers during this step.
- Poke holes in the crust with a fork, and bake for 6-8 minutes, popping any rising bubbles when you remove the crust from the oven.
- Place an even layer of the alfredo sauce across the top of the pizza crust.
- Top the pizza with the other cup of shredded mozzarella cheese, and the pieces of grilled chicken. Bake for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese has melted on the top of the pizza.
- Slice the pizza into 6 equal servings, and garnish with freshly chopped parsley if desired.
Mug Bread – This Keto Low Carb Mug Bread will knock your socks off. It will curb those cravings you have for traditional bread while keeping your carbs in check.
Chicken Parmesan – This Keto Chicken Parmesan turns your favorite Italian dish into a delicious keto dinner. No more missing dinner out at the Italian restaurant!
Butter Chicken – Missing your favorite Indian takeout while following the keto lifestyle? This Butter Chicken will become your new favorite and your go-to for every time you’re craving takeout.
Keto Chili – Keto chili and soups are some of my favorite keto meal prep recipes and this chili is no exception. It’s so easy to make a large batch and serve the leftovers for lunch the rest of the week or even freeze them.