Keto Chicken Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers take your favorite appetizer to a whole new level – you can even turn them into a light meal!
Jalapeno poppers have long been one of my favorite appetizers – if they’re on the menu at a restaurant, there’s a 100% chance I’m ordering them. Lucky for me, jalapeno poppers are naturally keto which means I’ve been able to continue my popper obsession on my keto journey.
As you may remember, I recently created a Keto Jalapeno Popper Chicken Dip as an alternative to making jalapeno poppers for large groups while still keeping the flavor….after falling in love with that keto party dish, I had to wonder – what if I used the base of the dip as the filling for keto jalapeno poppers?
The result was even better than I imagined – these Keto Chicken Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers are truly addictive! I can never stop at just one and usually find myself eating a handful.
Keto Chicken Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers can be enjoyed as a keto appetizer, as you’d typically enjoy jalapeno poppers, or since the chicken fills them up with protein, you can even turn them into a light meal. Since I’m a jalapeno addict, these keto jalapeno poppers usually turn into a meal for me.
The key to making Keto Chicken Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers that have a kick to them but are not overly spicy is to make sure you’re scooping out all of the seeds. That’s where the real heat of jalapenos lies. Of course, if you enjoy a little mouth burning, feel free to leave a few in!
If you make the Keto Jalapeno Popper Chicken Dip, you can use the leftovers the next day to make these Keto Chicken Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers. The filling is almost the same as the dip – the dip just already has jalapenos in it so you get a little extra. I found it’s a good way to reheat and reuse the dip the day after a party. (Assuming there’s any left of course!)
Of all the keto appetizers I’ve made, these Keto Chicken Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers may be my favorite. My mouth is watering just looking at these photos!
How To Make Keto Chicken Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers:
Step 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Step 2. Cut off the top of each jalapeno then slice in half length-wise. Scoop out all seeds (or leave a few for extra spice)
Step 3. In a small mixing bowl, combine chicken, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese.
Step 4. Season mixture with pepper.
Step 5. Combine all ingredients well.
Step 6. Fill each half of the jalapeno with the mixture.
Step 7. Cut bacon in half lengthwise and then horizontally so each slice is 4 pieces.
Step 8. Wrap bacon around each stuffed jalapeno.
Step 9. Place keto jalapeno poppers on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
Step 10. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until bacon, is crispy and jalapenos are tender.
What variations can I make to these Keto Chicken Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers?
Personally, I think this keto appetizer is perfect as it is. The one variation I make is that sometimes I use the leftover keto jalapeno popper chicken dip as the filling instead of making it as above. If you like extra spicy, you can stir a few jalapeno seeds into the cream cheese mixture but use caution as too many can make these too spicy!
Can I store these keto jalapeno poppers?
If possible, consume these Keto Chicken Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers right after the oven. You can store them in the fridge for around two days but reheating does change the texture.
How should I serve these Keto Chicken Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers?
As mentioned, these can be served as a keto appetizer or a light meal. I sometimes eat 4 or 5 as a light lunch, since the chicken is full of protein that fills me up. Keto jalapeno poppers are best served warm out of the oven when the bacon is crunchy and the center is melted and delicious.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Keto Chicken Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers
- ● 1 oz. Canned chicken well drained
- ● 2 oz. Cream cheese
- ● 1 oz. Shredded cheddar cheese
- ● 2 Strips thick cut bacon
- ● 4 Medium jalapeno peppers
- ● Pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the top off of each Jalapeno pepper, and then slice them in half. Use a spoon to scoop out the insides, including the seeds.
- Add 1 ounce of canned chicken to a small mixing bowl.
- Mix in 2 ounces of cream cheese and 1 ounce of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Sprinkle in pepper to taste if desired.
- Mix all the ingredients together well.
- Fill each of the jalapeno pepper halves with the cream cheese and chicken mixture until you have used it all.
- Cut the slices of thick cut bacon in half lengthwise and then in half again horizontally. This will give you 4 pieces of bacon per strip.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around each of the stuffed jalapeno peppers.
- Place the peppers on a baking tray lined with aluminum foil, or on a baking rack that sits within a sheet pan.
- Bake the peppers for 15-20 minutes or until the bacon is crispy and the peppers are starting to become tender.