If there was ever a comfort food, it would have to be lasagna. A dish that can span all of the different regions of Italy, it’s no wonder that there are so many variations.
This particular ravioli lasagna recipe is my personal favorite. It’s hearty, warming, and just a little bit cheesy.
Plus, who doesn’t love pasta? Give it a try for yourself and see what you think!
Why do I love Ravioli Lasagna?
Well, there are a few reasons. For starters, it’s just so darn comforting. There’s something about that combination of pasta, sauce, and cheese that just hits the spot. It’s also a pretty hearty dish, which is great for colder weather.
And of course, who could resist all that cheese? This recipe uses a mix of mozzarella and Parmesan, which gives the lasagna a nice flavor. Feel free to adjust the amount of cheese to your liking.
So if you’re looking for a cozy dish to make this winter, give ravioli lasagna a try. I promise you won’t be disappointed!
- Parmesan cheese grated
- Pasta sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Frozen raviolis
- Chopped fresh basil for garnish
Step 1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees, and grease a 9×13 baking dish well.
Step 2. Spread half a jar of sauce into the bottom of the baking sheet.
Step 3. Top the sauce with 1 bag of ravioli.
Step 4. Add the remaining sauce from the first jar over the ravioli.
Step 5. Sprinkle half of the mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top.
Step 6. Place another layer of ½ a jar of sauce, and then the second bag of ravioli.
Step 7. Spread the remaining sauce from the second jar over the ravioli, and top with the remaining cheese.
Step 8. Tent a piece of tin foil over the baking sheet, and bake covered for 30 minutes.
Step 9. Uncover, and bake for another 15 minutes before serving.
- ½ C. Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 Jars Pasta sauce
- 1 ½ C. Mozzarella cheese Shredded
- 1 Bag Raviolis frozen, 30 oz. each
- Chopped fresh basil for garnish
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees, and grease a 9×13 baking dish well.
- Spread half a jar of sauce into the bottom of the baking sheet.
- Top the sauce with 1 bag of ravioli.
- Add the remaining sauce from the first jar over the ravioli.
- Sprinkle half of the mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top.
- Place another layer of ½ a jar of sauce, and then the second bag of ravioli.
- Spread the remaining sauce from the second jar over the ravioli, and top with the remaining cheese.
- Tent a piece of tin foil over the baking sheet, and bake covered for 30 minutes.
- Uncover, and bake for another 15 minutes before serving.
THANKS FOR PINING!
Ravioli Lasagna Tips
Here are a few tips to help you make the perfect ravioli lasagna:
- Use a good quality pasta sauce. This will make a big difference in the flavor of your dish.
- Cook the ravioli just until they are al dente. Overcooked ravioli will fall apart and turn mushy when baked.
- Be sure to use enough sauce to cover the ravioli. Otherwise, they will dry out during baking.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the lasagna towards the end of baking. This will ensure that it gets nice and melted without burning.
- Let the lasagna rest for a few minutes before serving. This will give the ravioli time to absorb the sauce and become even more flavorful.
Ravioli Lasagna Variations
There are so many different ways to make ravioli lasagna. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Use a different type of pasta sauce. You can try a tomato-based sauce, Alfredo sauce, or even a pesto sauce.
- Swap out the ravioli for another type of pasta. Cheese tortellini or shells would be great in this dish.
- Add some veggies to the mix. Sautéed mushrooms, spinach, or zucchini would all be delicious in ravioli lasagna.
- Make it meaty by adding some crumbled sausage or ground beef to the sauce.
- Get creative with the cheese! Try using a different type of cheese in place of mozzarella or Parmesan.
There are endless possibilities when it comes to ravioli lasagna. So go ahead and experiment until you find a version that you love!
Make Ahead Options
Prepare the ravioli lasagna and place it in a casserole dish. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Follow the baking directions and serve.
What To Serve with Ravioli
- Garlic bread
- Garlic knots
- Garden salad
- Caesar salad
- Roasted veggies
Can you make Ravioli Lasagna in the crockpot?
Yes, and it’s so good! Cook on high for 1-2 hours or on low for 3–4 hours.
How do you reheat ravioli lasagna?
Place the leftovers in a casserole dish or on a microwave-safe plate. Heat in the oven at 375 degrees for 10–15 minutes or in the microwave for 1-3 minutes or until hot.
Can I use cottage cheese in place of ricotta?
Yep, many people prefer the texture and flavor of cottage cheese. You can use a 1:1 ratio of cottage cheese for the ricotta. It will be creamy and delicious, too.
More Italian-Inspired Casseroles
Italian Chicken Soup – Incredibly easy weeknight dinner option.
Italian Drunken Noodles – This Italian casserole is satisfying and delicious.
Best Italian Bake – A family-friendly dish for any occasion.