Low Carb Broccoli Cheese Rounds are perfectly crispy, packed with flavor, and super easy to make. When you bite into these keto broccoli chips, you will think you died and went to heaven. They are so incredible and an excellent snack or appetizer.
Low Carb Broccoli Cheese Rounds
I know that there are people out there who think that when you eat low carb, it means you have to give up a ton of flavor. They are SO wrong! There are so many reasons why these broccoli and cheese tots are some of my favorites ever. They taste way better than any other kind of tot I have had, and they also happen to be nutritious too.
If you have picky eaters in your family that turn their noses up at anything with vegetables, you might just be super surprised if you serve them one of my favorite broccoli keto recipes. Odds are they will bite into these crispy broccoli cheese rounds and fall in love. I know that I can’t resist their flavor and texture, and I used to hate broccoli. Now it’s my new best low carb friend!
Tips for making Low Carb Broccoli Cheese Rounds
I just have a handful of tips to get you prepared for making the best low carb cheese rounds ever! Here are some things that will help you have the best luck in making them:
- You’ll need to cook the broccoli and cauliflower combo before beginning. If you don’t cook them, the keto broccoli chips won’t turn out correctly.
- Another critical aspect of the broccoli and cauliflower is letting it cool before beginning. If you start making the rounds right away when they are hot, it will end up melting the cheese, and it will be a disaster.
- Draining off any excess liquid is crucial because you’ll end up with watered down broccoli and cheese tots, and no one wants that.
- You can use either parchment paper or those silicone sheets. This will prevent the cheese rounds from sticking to the pan. If they stick, they are a bear to get removed, and you’ll want to pull your hair out.
Broccoli Cheese Rounds Variations
You can add in some extra pizzazz if you want to these incredible low carb cheese rounds. Here are a few ideas to inspire you.
- Bacon – Cook and crumble 2-3 slices of bacon and add them to the mix. It’s an amazing way to add some extra protein to the dish.
- Green Onions – Chop up some green onions and sprinkle into the batter. So yummy and pretty too.
- Sour Cream – Dip the finished broccoli rounds into some cold sour cream. There is nothing better!
- Cheese – Swap the cheese for cheddar, mozzarella, parmesan, or provolone. They are all pretty tasty and go well with the other ingredients.
How Do You Reheat Keto Broccoli Chips?
Reheating the broccoli cheese rounds is easy! First, you could place them on a plate that has been lined with a paper towel. Then place the broccoli cheese rounds on the plate and cover with another paper towel. Heat for 30-45 seconds or until they are hot.
You can add the broccoli rounds to an air fryer and spray them with a little bit of olive oil. Cook at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes or until they are hot all the way through.
Lastly, warming them up in the oven is another great option. Lay them out on a baking sheet that has been covered with parchment paper. Heat them at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or so until they are hot all the way through.
Ingredients For Your Low Carb Broccoli Cheese Rounds
You only need six ingredients, and you will be able to make the best broccoli recipe ever. This is sure to be a family favorite, and even the kids will gobble them up. Plus, they make great leftovers too. Okay, let’s get back to these low carb broccoli cheese rounds ingredients:
- Bag Green Giant Riced Cauliflower and Broccoli mix
- Colby Jack cheese shredded by hand from a block (not the pre-bagged)
- Almond flour
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Low Carb Broccoli Cheese Rounds
You won’t find an easier broccoli keto recipe! With six steps and very minimal effort, you are going to be excited to make them. Here we go!
1. Warm up the oven to 400 degrees.
2. You’ll need to prepare the riced cauliflower and broccoli according to the package instructions. Be sure to let them cool after cooking slightly.
3. Using a strainer and squeeze as much liquid out of the riced cauliflower and broccoli as possible. This is an important step, or they won’t turn out.
4. Put the cooked broccoli and cauliflower into a mixing bowl with the shredded cheese, almond flour, garlic powder, egg and salt and pepper to taste.
Using your hands, you’ll need to knead until mixed thoroughly.
5. Form the cheese rounds mixture into 15 evenly sized balls and flatten them slightly in your hands into rounds.
6. Put the broccoli rounds onto a parchment lined baking sheet, and cook for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Low Carb Broccoli Cheese Rounds
- 1 Bag Green Giant Riced Cauliflower and Broccoli mix
- 1 Egg
- 2 C. Colby Jack cheese shredded by hand from a block not the pre-bagged
- 3 Tbsp. Almond flour
- ½ tsp. Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook the riced cauliflower and broccoli according to the package instructions and let cool slightly.
- Use a strainer to squeeze as much liquid out of the riced vegetables as possible.
- Put the riced veggies into a mixing bowl with the shredded cheese, almond flour, garlic powder, egg and salt and pepper to taste. Knead with your hands until thoroughly mixed.
- Form the mixture into 15 evenly sized balls and flatten them slightly in your hands into rounds.
- Place the rounds onto a parchment lined baking sheet, and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
Looking for more incredible low carb recipes to serve as an appetizer or an easy snack option. These are my reader’s favorite recipes and new I wanted to share them with you. Take a look:
- Keto Chicken Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers – Not only do these jalapeno poppers make lovely appetizers, but they are also so good they can be the main course too. I eat them for all occasions!
- Keto Jalapeno Popper Chicken Dip – It’s impossible not to lick your lips and moan a little when you dig into this satisfying dip recipe.
- Keto Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies – These are so good, it’s hard to eat just a few. They will fill you up, though, and taste beyond amazing. Make these for the holidays or even a fancy dinner party.
- Keto Bacon Wrapped Brats With Beer Cheese Sauce – If you are hosting a party, then you really need to make these. Plus, I like to enjoy them for an afternoon treat every once in a while too.
Leave a Reply