This incredible Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet with keep you full and make your taste buds do a happy dance. It’s filled with bacon, ground beef, cheese, seasonings, and is a super easy keto dinner option. The entire family is going to rave over how much flavor this low carb cheeseburger skillet has! Perfect for potlucks, dinners, or hectic weeknight meals.
Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet
I seriously can’t get enough of this cheeseburger skillet keto meal! It’s packed with ingredients that are all perfect for a low carb diet. Plus, if you have picky eaters in your house, there is no more worry about trying to make two meals. They will happily chomp on every bite of this bacon cheeseburger skillet without any complaints. If you have eaten low carb or any other diet really, you probably have experienced having to make two meals to please everyone. That is EXHAUSTING! Skip all the drama and stick with meals that everyone can enjoy, and that’s still healthy too.
If you aren’t a tremendous cook, I can understand why you would be looking for simple dinner options. This keto cheeseburger skillet is seriously one of the easiest meals ever. You can cook it in under 30 minutes and eat it by itself or add a few sides. Either way, it’s filling and flavorful.
Cheeseburger Skillet Variations
There are many variations you can try out with this bacon cheeseburger skillet. I am more than happy to share with you some of the ideas we have tried so you can taste all the goodness too. Let’s peek at some fun and straightforward variations to give this meal idea even more flavor.
- Green Onions – Sprinkle some chopped green onions on top right before serving. It adds some color and flavor too.
- Sour Cream – Top with a dollop or two of sour cream. It’s a creamy, rich flavor that is amazing with the other ingredients.
- Ground Turkey – Swap out the ground beef for ground turkey or use a combination of both. Sometimes you can find some fantastic deals on ground turkey, so it’s worth stocking up on.
- Broth – If you don’t have beef broth on hand, you can use chicken broth or vegetable broth in its place. Both taste good, and they give you some variety.
- Mozzarella Cheese – Go wild and sprinkle some mozzarella cheese on top. It’s so yummy and goes well with the cheddar, so it just makes sense.
How Long Does Keto Cheeseburger Skillet Last?
Cool the cheeseburger skillet and put it into a food storage container. Make sure the lid fits well and put in the refrigerator. It will last 4-5 days in the fridge and can be warmed up in the microwave. You can also reheat it in a skillet too—a great option for meal planning.
Tips for Making Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet
Making this keto cheeseburger skillet is so easy, you will be amazed. It’s even great for a beginning cook too! Let’s look at a few tips that will help you along the way.
- Use a non-stick skillet or a cast-iron skillet for best results. Both are great options and will give you fantastic results.
- Leave a little bit of bacon grease to add some extra flavor.
- Don’t overcook the ground beef, or it will be a little on the dry side. Just brown it and call it good!
- In order to keep this cheeseburger skillet keto, you will need to use sugar-free ketchup. Anything else will not work because it is loaded with sugar.
- Add any of your favorite toppings like onions, more crumbled bacon, sour cream, various cheeses, or anything else you like.
- Use full fat cream cheese and cheddar cheese. The biggest benefit of eating full fat is you can fill up on good for you fats! Plus, it tastes better too.
Ingredients For Your Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet
Eleven ingredients and you will be able to eat this amazing keto dinner idea. These ingredients are straightforward and combined give you one of the best dinners ever! You won’t want to forget this recipe, so I recommend conveniently printing it for later use. 🙂
- Ground beef
- Chopped Onion
- Dijon mustard
- Sugar-free ketchup
- Minced garlic
- Onion powder
- Cream cheese
- Beef broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cheddar cheese shredded
How to Make Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet
These steps are so quick and pretty effortless! If you can cook bacon and ground beef, then this meal will pretty much take care of the rest. Let’s get started:
Step 1. Start by cooking the bacon in a large skillet. Use medium heat, and once cooked, then set aside.
Step 2. You’ll need to drain most of the bacon grease from the pan. Then mix in the ground beef and onion. Continue to cook until the onions have started to tenderize, and the ground beef is browned.
Step 3. Drain and excess grease from the skillet if there is a lot. A little bit is okay!
Step 4. Pour in the Dijon mustard, sugar-free ketchup, garlic, onion powder, cream cheese, broth and salt, and pepper to taste to the skillet. Stir well and make sure everything is combined well. Continue cooking until the cream cheese has melted. Once melted, reduce the heat to medium-low.
Step 5. Add the bacon crumbles on top of the meat mixture.
Step 6. Add the cheddar cheese on top of the bacon. Then add the lid back to the skillet and cook a few minutes until the cheese is melted.
Step 7. Sprinkle the top with freshly chopped parsley for garnish if desired.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
keto bacon cheeseburger casserole
- 5 Slices of bacon
- 1 ½ lbs. Ground beef
- ½ C. Onion chopped
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar free ketchup
- 2 tsp. Minced garlic
- ½ tsp. Onion powder
- 3 oz. Cream cheese
- ⅓ C. Beef broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 C. Cheddar cheese shredded
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, and set aside.
- Drain most of the bacon grease from the pan and add the ground beef and bacon. Cook until the onion has started to become tender and the ground beef is browned.
- rain and excess grease from the skillet if needed.
- Add the mustard, ketchup, minced garlic, onion powder, cream cheese,broth and salt and pepper to taste to the skillet, and stir to combine. Continue to cook until the cream cheese is melted, and then reduce the heat to medium low.
- Crumble the bacon and put it on top of the meat mixture.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top of the bacon, place a lid on the skillet and cook a few minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Top with freshly chopped parsley for garnish if desired.
I have some of the most amazing keto dinner ideas for you and can’t wait to share. You are probably going to be drooling after looking at them:
- Keto BBQ Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders – Plump, juicy chicken wrapped with bacon is one of the best meals ever! My biggest problem is not eating too many because they are so good.
- Keto Egg Foo Young – You’ll be smacking your lips and going back for seconds when you taste how insanely good this foo young is!
- Keto Chicken Alfredo Pizza – I am not sure that there could ever be anything better than this keto chicken alfredo pizza. It’s one you won’t forget because it’s finger-licking good.
- Low Carb Chicken Enchilada Soup – There is nothing more filling and flavorful than a hot bowl of soup. Perfect for an easy lunch or dinner option too.
Leave a Reply