Jalapeno Popper Chicken Dip is an easy and addictive party appetizer with a kick of spice.
I love jalapeno poppers – they’re one of my favorite appetizers whether dining out or at a party. However, they can be time-consuming to make and when I’m hosting or attending a party with a lot of people, sometimes I just don’t have the time or energy to make enough jalapeno poppers.
That’s why I love this Jalapeno Popper Chicken Dip. It’s full of all the jalapeno popper flavor that I love but comes together in just a few minutes. The ingredients are simple and in the time it’d take to make just a few jalapeno poppers, you have a delicious party dip to feed a crowd.
Like most party dips, this Jalapeno Popper Chicken Dip has a cream cheese-based, with a variety of other cheeses mixed in. The shredded chicken makes this a heartier, protein-packed dip and I’ve found this rivals the traditional buffalo chicken dip in terms of a crowd favorite at parties.
This chicken dip is best enjoyed warm so I like to prepare it in the baking dish ahead of time, leave in the fridge, and then pop in the oven just before the party starts. This recipe calls for a variety of cheese – parmesan, cheddar, and mozzarella – but if you don’t have one on hand, feel free to substitute it. I personally like the flavor combo of those three cheeses but pepper jack or a shredded mix would work.
This party dip recipe uses shredded chicken – you can cook a chicken breast and shred it yourself, buy cans of shredded chicken or shred a rotisserie chicken. I’ve used all three, depending on what I have on hand. I love using leftover rotisserie chicken in this recipe.
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Dip makes a great game day appetizer. My husband’s friends LOVE to devour this while watching football!
Serve this party appetizer with cheese crisps or other chips, or veggies. I like to offer both cheese crisps and veggies – usually celery and carrots.
How To Make Jalapeno Popper Chicken Dip
Step 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (skip this step is prepping to bake later)
Step 2. Melt butter over medium heat.
Step 3. Add in garlic and jalapeno. Saute.
Step 4. Pour in heavy whipping cream.
Step 5. Stir in shredded cheeses – parmesan, cheddar and mozzarella
Step 6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Step 7. Add in shredded chicken.
Step 8. Mix in cream cheese and combine well.
Step 9. Place mixture in baking dish.
Step 10. Top with mozzarella and cheddar cheese, as well as bacon bits.
Step 11. Bake 20-25 minutes – until cheese is bubbly and brown.
Step 12. Serve warm with healthy veggies or cheese crisps.
What variations can I make to this Jalapeno Popper Chicken Dip?
As mentioned above, you can switch out or substitute any of the cheeses. You could also mix in some bacon bits instead of just layering them on top. If you’d prefer a lighter, creamy dip you can leave out the chicken.
Can I store this chicken dip?
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Dip is best served warm. If you happen to have leftovers (I never do!), you can refrigerate and heat it up the next day.
How should I serve Jalapeno Popper Chicken Dip?
This party appetizer is best served warm. I like to serve with cheese crisps, celery and carrots.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 6 Sliced cooked bacon crumbled
- 1 tbsp Butter unsalted
- 2 Cloves garlic minced
- 3 Jalapenos de-seeded and finely chopped
- ¾ c. Heavy whipping cream
- ½ c. Parmesan cheese
- 1 c. Cheddar cheese
- 1 c. Mozzarella cheese
- 3 oz. Softened cream cheese
- 10 oz. Shredded chicken
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt 1 tbsp of butter over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add in the garlic and the chopped jalapeno, and saute for 30 seconds.
- Pour in the heavy whipping cream.
- Whisk in the parmesan, cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix in the shredded chicken.
- Fold in the softened cream cheese until combined well.
- Place the chicken mixture into a small baking dish.
- Top the mixture with a small amount of the cheddar and mozzarella cheese, and the crumbled bacon pieces.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until bubbly and browned.
- Serve with your choice of keto-friendly vegetables or parmesan crisps
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 237Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 71mgSodium 359mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 14g
Don’t Miss These Other Best Recipes:
- Easy Bread – This Bread, loaded with cheddar cheese, will become a staple in your day.
- Jalapeno Cloud Bread – For this Jalapeno Cloud Bread, we took a traditional cloud bread recipe and spiced it up with…you guessed, it jalapenos.
- Low Carb Mug Bread – It will curb those cravings you have for traditional bread while keeping your carbs in check.