This Peanut Butter Mousse recipe is an absolutely divine dessert recipe ready in just 5 minutes and is guaranteed to satiate your sweet tooth.
Peanut Butter Mousse is like heaven on a spoon. It’s light and creamy and the perfect recipe to calm your sweet tooth. The best part? It takes just 5 minutes to prepare so it’s perfect to whip up after dinner or when you have a craving in the evening.
Dessert isn’t something we eat daily in our house, it’s more of a special occasion treat so I don’t frequently share dessert recipes but I’ve gotta say, this 5-minute peanut butter mousse deserves the top spot on any best dessert recipes list.
My husband is a bit of a peanut butter addict, you know the kind…the ones who eat peanut butter directly from the jar by the spoonful…so he loves this dessert and my kids, who love anything sweet, keep asking for it. When the entire family is on board, that’s when I know I’ve hit the recipe lottery.
There are a few helpful things to note when making this Peanut Butter Mousse.
First, while you want the cream cheese to be softened and the peanut butter room temperature, you want to make sure the heavy whipping cream is cold. Otherwise, you’ll have a difficult time getting it to form stiff peaks. The cream cheese and peanut butter will mix better at room temperature.
While Stevia is my preferred sweetener, you can also substitute it for your favorite, like Swerve.
When should I eat Peanut Butter Mousse?
I prefer to eat this Peanut Butter Mousse as soon as I finish making it when it’s light and creamy. However, you can refrigerate it for several hours for a thicker texture or even freeze it.
What variations can I make to this dessert recipe?
I mentioned a few variations above – you can change out the Stevia for your preferred sweetener. Additionally, you can try switching out the nut butter too if you prefer something other than peanut butter.
How should I serve Peanut Butter Mousse?
While this dessert recipe stands on its own, I love serving this 5 minute peanut butter mousse with a chocolate syrup drizzle or a few chocolate chips. Yum!
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Peanut Butter Mousse
- ½ c. Heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz. Cream cheese
- ½ tsp. Vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. Natural peanut butter with no added sugar
- 7-10 Drops liquid Stevia
- Dark chocolate for garnish optional
- Place ½ cup of heavy whipping cream into a mixing bowl. Beat on high until it is whipped into stiff peaks. Be careful not to overmix it, or it will begin to make butter. Place the whipped cream into a separate bowl, and reserve it for later.
- In another mixing bowl, add together the cream cheese, stevia drops, peanut butter and vanilla extract. Mix the ingredients together on medium speed for 1-2 minutes until they are creamy.
- Return the whipped cream to the mixing bowl with the cream cheese mixture, and mix all of the ingredients together for another minute.
- Spoon into serving containers, and top with grated dark chocolate for garnish if desired.
Looking for more tasty dinner options? Check out these recipes, and you will be so glad you did. Each one is perfect for a or low carb diet and tastes great too. Have a look:
- Egg Foo Young – I am super excited for you to see and try this incredible dish. If you love egg foo young, then be sure to check it out. You could even serve this with the egg roll in a bowl too.
- Lemon Herb Salmon Sheet Pan Meal – Sheet pan meals are perfect when you eat low carb (or anytime really). They give you an entire meal, and there is no need for side dishes. Win!
- Italian Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf – Oh, you have never had meatloaf this amazing and decadent. Stuffing it with cheese takes it to a new level and will leave a lasting impression. You really need to taste it to understand how good it is.
- Ham and Cheese Crustless Quiche – The thing I love about quiche recipes is that you can pretty much eat them any time of day. Yum!