Ham and Cheese Crustless Quiche is an easy, versatile recipe perfect for breakfast, brunch, or dinner.
Versatile recipes, ones that come together quickly and can be adapted to different meals and the ingredients that I have on hand, are my favorite. This Ham and Cheese Crustless Quiche is one of them.
Crustless quiche of any variety is a quick and easy meal. I love quiche because while it’s typically made of breakfast ingredients, it can be enjoyed at any time throughout the day.
This Ham and Cheese Crustless Quiche is no exception. I pulled this recipe together with just a few ingredients I had on hand – eggs, cream, onions, scallops, garlic, cheese and ham – but you can use this recipe as a quiche base and go crazy if you’d like.
Feel free to omit or add ingredients as you’d wish. If your family isn’t big on onions, just leave them out. Or feel free to add in a variety of other veggies as well.
Ham and Cheese Quiche is also a great option for using leftover ham. Consider this for your next morning after Christmas or Easter brunch to use up any leftover ham. Of course, you can always use deli ham as well – just ask them to cut a slice about a ¼ inch thick.
If I’m whipping up this crustless quiche for just myself and the hubby, I take this basic recipe and load it up with veggies. Peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, broccoli, spinach….anything we have on hand. This recipe is a great way to use up the small amounts of veggies and meats remaining from the week. I saute them all up with the ham before pouring in the egg mixture. If I’m making this for the kids, I stick to this easy ham and cheese crustless quiche version, sometimes omitting the onions though the kids usually eat this so quickly they don’t even notice.
As I mentioned, Ham and Cheese Crustless Quiche can be eaten any time of the time. Sometimes we enjoy it for breakfast and sometimes for dinner. I think crustless quiche also makes an ideal brunch offering, it’s an easy way to guarantee something friendly will appear on the brunch table.
No ham? No problem. Just switch it out for bacon or sausage or omit meat altogether for a vegetarian dish. Feel free to play around with the cheese combination as well.
How To Make Ham and Cheese Crustless Quiche:
Step 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Step 2. Cook cubed ham in an oven-safe skillet over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
Step 3. Add in garlic and scallions, cooking for an additional 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
Step 4. Whisk together eggs and heavy whipping cream in a bowl.
Step 5. Pour egg mixture over the ingredients in the skillet.
Step 6. Season with salt and pepper.
Step 7. Top with cheese.
Step 8. Bake for 35-40 minutes until eggs are cooked through. Let sit for several minutes and then serve.
What variations can I make to this Crustless Ham and Cheese Quiche?
So many! As I mentioned above, you can use this crustless quiche recipe as a base and change it up to your preferences. I like to make it on the weekends and use up any small amounts of veggies left in the fridge. You can change out any ingredients or add to them. Swap the ham for sausage or bacon or omit it for a vegetarian dish. Switch the cheese used, add other veggies, etc. So many possibilities for a quiche recipe!
How should I serve this quiche?
Crustless quiche is best served warm, though you should let it sit for several minutes before serving. I consider this a complete meal itself, enjoy with coffee or juice.
Can I store this crustless quiche?
Ham and Cheese Crustless Quiche stores well! Keep it in the fridge for up to 3 days. Ideal for meal prep or leftovers!
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 5 Eggs
- 1 c Heavy whipping cream
- 5 oz Cubed ham
- ½ c Diced onion
- 1 Scallion chopped
- 2 Cloves minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ c Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 c Cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat an oven safe skillet over medium heat on the stove.
- Add in the cubed ham and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in the garlic and scallions, and cook for 30 seconds more before removing the skillet from the heat.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and heavy whipping cream.
- Pour the egg mixture over the meat in the skillet.
- Top with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle on the mozzarella and cheddar cheeses.
- Place the skillet into the oven, and bake for 35-40 minutes until the eggs are cooked through, and the top has begun to brown. Let sit for several minutes, and then serve.
Net Carbs: 5 net carbs per serving
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 514Total Fat 42gSaturated Fat 23gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 362mgSodium 799mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 1gSugar 4gProtein 28g
I have some of the most amazing dinner ideas for you and can’t wait to share. You are probably going to be drooling after looking at them:
- BBQ Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders – Plump, juicy chicken wrapped with bacon is one of the best meals ever! My biggest problem is not eating too many because they are so good.
- Egg Foo Young – You’ll be smacking your lips and going back for seconds when you taste how insanely good this foo young is!
- Chicken Alfredo Pizza – I am not sure that there could ever be anything better than this chicken alfredo pizza. It’s one you won’t forget because it’s finger-licking good.
- Low Carb Chicken Enchilada Soup – There is nothing more filling and flavorful than a hot bowl of soup. Perfect for an easy lunch or dinner option too.