Ranch dressing is a classic American condiment perfect for dipping veggies or smothering salads. But who has time to make ranch from scratch?
Not me! That’s why I always keep a bottle of Hidden Valley Ranch in my fridge. But now, thanks to this fantastic recipe, I can make homemade ranch whenever I want.
It’s so easy and tastes so much better than the bottled stuff! Give it a try and see for yourself!
Why do I love Perfect Homemade Ranch Dressing?
There are a few reasons, but the main one is that it’s so dang delicious. I mean, seriously, this stuff is good. Like, really good.
It’s also super versatile. You can use it as a dip for veggies or chips or slather it on a sandwich or burger. Heck, you could even drink it (I’m not judging!).
But my favorite way to enjoy this dressing is on a big ol’ ranch salad. Just toss some greens with some diced chicken or turkey, crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, and chopped tomatoes. Then drizzle on some of this dressing and you’re good to go!
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Sour cream
- Dried parsley
- Black pepper
- Dried weed
- Dried chives
- Fresh lemon juice
How to make this Perfect Homemade Ranch Dressing:
Step 1. Whisk together the buttermilk, mayonnaise, and sour cream in a mixing bowl.
Step 2. Add 1 ½ tbsp of the lemon juice, stirring to combine.
Step 3. Mix in the onion powder, garlic powder, dill weed, chives, parsley, salt, and pepper.
Step 4. If the consistency is too thick for your liking, continue to add additional lemon juice as needed until it is the thickness you desire.
Step 5. Store the dressing in an airtight container or jar in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Perfect Homemade Ranch Dressing
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ½ C. Buttermilk
- ¼ tsp. Garlic powder
- ½ C. Mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp. Onion powder
- ½ C. Sour cream
- ¾ tsp. Dried parsley
- ⅛ tsp. Black pepper
- 1 tsp. Dried weed
- ½ tsp. Dried chives
- 1-3 Tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
- Whisk together the buttermilk, mayonnaise and sour cream in a mixing bowl.
- Add in 1 ½ tbsp of the lemon juice, stirring to combine.
- Mix in the onion powder, garlic powder, dill weed, chives, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- If the consistency is too thick for your liking, continue to add additional lemon juice as needed until it is the thickness you desire
- Store the dressing in an airtight container or jar in the fridge for up to 1 week.
THANKS FOR PINING!
Perfect Homemade Ranch Dressing Tips
- Use buttermilk for a tangier flavor. If you don’t have buttermilk on hand, you can use regular milk. Just add a teaspoon of vinegar or lemon juice for every cup of milk.
- For a thinner dressing, add more milk. For a thicker dressing, add less milk. It’s really that easy!
- Don’t like garlic? Feel free to omit it from the recipe.
- This dressing is best if used within a week. After that, it will start to separate and won’t be as tasty.
Perfect Homemade Ranch Dressing Variations
- Spicy Ranch: Add a pinch of cayenne pepper or diced jalapeños to the recipe.
- Herb Ranch: Mix in some chopped fresh herbs, like parsley, chives, or dill.
- Bacon Ranch: Stir in some cooked and crumbled bacon for an extra delicious treat!
- Blue Cheese Ranch: Add in some crumbled blue cheese for a tangy twist.
- Avocado Ranch: Stir in a ripe avocado for a creamier dressing.
- Caesar Ranch: mix in some grated Parmesan cheese and anchovy paste for a Caesar-inspired ranch dressing.