These Vanilla Blueberry Waffles are an easy, light waffle recipe that will become a Sunday morning breakfast staple or even special breakfast-for-dinner nights!
Once I learned to make waffles, my breakfast game changed completely. I was amazed at how easy it was to turn a typically carb-heavy breakfast into a breakfast just by switching out a few ingredients.
As I continue on this journey, I’m realizing how many recipes can be substituted with almond flour and alternative sweeteners to make my recipes.
Anyway, back to these Vanilla Blueberry Waffles. These are absolutely delicious. It turns out vanilla and blueberry are the perfect contrasting flavors. The vanilla sweetens the tart blueberries while the blueberries keep it all from becoming too sweet.
Plus, the blueberry topping is basically eating fruit for breakfast, right? 😉
This waffle recipe comes together in just 15 minutes, which makes it ideal for breakfast with a big family or group of friends.
How To Make Vanilla Blueberry Waffles:
Step 1: Begin by preheating your waffle iron
Step 2: Mix together all ingredients, except those for the blueberry waffle topping, in a bowl, combining all well.
Step 3: Pour ½ cup of batter into the waffle iron
Step 4: Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, depending on your preferred doneness.
Step 5: While waffles are cooking, start making the blueberry sauce by melting butter in a pan. Add in the blueberries.
Step 6: After 2 minutes, begin mashing the blueberries with a fork.
Step 7: Add in your favorite sweetener and let simmer for an additional minute or two, stirring often.
Step 8: Remove blueberry sauce from heat and let sit while waffles finish cooking.
Step 9: Serve waffles warm with blueberry sauce.
What variations can I make on this Blueberry Waffle recipe?
If blueberries aren’t your thing, you can easily substitute them with other berries or fruit. Just be sure to double-check that you’re using fruit that falls within the guideline. You can use this waffle base for nearly any waffle recipe.
Can I freeze these waffles?
I personally think they have a better texture fresh but you may freeze them for easy breakfasts in the future. I like to warm them up in the toaster oven. Freeze the blueberry sauce separately.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 2 tbsp Melted butter unsalted
- 3 tbsp Swerve confectioners sugar substitute
- 1 ½ c Almond flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 2 Eggs
- ½ c Vanilla almond milk unsweetened
- ¼ c Heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
For the Sauce
- 120 grams of fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp Keto-friendly sweetener of choice
- 4 tbsp Butter unsalted
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the 2 tbsp melted butter, 3 tbsp Swerve confectioners sugar substitute, almond flour, eggs, almond milk, heavy whipping cream, baking powder and vanilla extract. Beat until well combined.
- Add ½ cup of the batter to the heated waffle iron, and cook for 3-5 minutes or until you reach your desired level of doneness.
- While the waffles are cooking, place 4 tbsp of unsalted butter in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add in 120 grams of fresh blueberries. After a minute or two, begin to mash the blueberries with the back of the tines of a fork.
- Mix in 1 tbsp of a keto-friendly sweetener of choice, and cook down for another 1-2 minutes, stirring often. Remove the sauce from the heat, and let sit.
- One serving is a waffle with a fourth of the blueberry sauce mixture.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 535Total Fat 46gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 27gCholesterol 156mgSodium 287mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 6gSugar 12gProtein 13g
Don’t miss these other recipes:
- Nacho Stuffed Chicken Breasts – Nacho Stuffed Chicken Breasts are a flavorful and cheesy family dinner favorite!
- Chicken Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers – Take your favorite appetizer to a whole new level – you can even turn them into a light meal!
- Chicken Parmesan – This Chicken Parmesan turns your favorite Italian dish into a delicious dinner. No more missing dinner out at the Italian restaurant!