If you’re looking for quick and easy recipes, don’t look further than this Sausage and Pepper Bake. With just a handful of ingredients, this easy dinner recipe requires only 10 minutes of prep!
With a busy life and kids, quick and easy is the name of my cooking game. As much as I appreciate fancy, detailed recipes, the truth is that my kitchen time is limited on most days. That’s why recipes like this bake are my go-to recipes.
This Sausage and Pepper Bake requires only 6 ingredients and 5 to 10 minutes of prep time. After that, just pop it in the oven and let it cook while you focus your attention on something else. I love recipes like this because I can help the kids with homework or watch some TV while dinner is cooking.
I use all three varieties of bell peppers in this recipe but if you don’t have all on hand or prefer one to the other, feel free to switch it up.
How to Make Sausage and Pepper Bake:
Step 1: Begin by preheating the oven to 375 and greasing a baking pan.
Step 2: Chop sausage into bite-sized pieces. Place in baking pan.
Step 3: Roughly chop all bell peppers, keeping them approximately all the same size. Place in baking pan with the sausage.
Step 4: Add olive oil and salt and pepper. Toss well to coat.
Step 5: Top with cheeses.
Step 6: Bake for 25-30 minutes. The cheese should be brown and sausage thoroughly cooked.
What variations can I make to this sausage bake?
I kept it simple with this bake but feel free to mix it up. Switch out the sausage for another protein, add in other low carb veggies…the possibilities are endless!
How long will this sausage bake keep for?
You can store this Sausage and Pepper bake in the fridge for up to three days, making sure to reheat properly each time.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 10 Mild Italian sausages
- 1 Red bell pepper roughly chopped
- 1 Green bell pepper roughly chopped
- 1 Yellow bell pepper roughly chopped
- 1 c Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 c Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the Italian sausages into bite sized pieces, and place them into a well greased baking dish.
- Roughly chop the bell peppers into bite sized pieces and place them in the baking dish as well.
- Pour 1 tbsp of oil over the mixture in the baking dish, and add salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat well.
- Top the mixture with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the cheese is browned and the sausage is cooked through.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 589Total Fat 46gSaturated Fat 18gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 31gCholesterol 99mgSodium 1200mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 1gSugar 4gProtein 32g