Drumsticks make me think of summertime and barbeque. Whether you bake them, fry them, or grill them they give you that summertime feeling any time of the year. These Sweet Glazed Drumsticks will be a crowd pleaser whether you are just cooking for your family or a larger group of friends. The sweet tangy taste will surprise even the finicky of taste buds.
The chicken legs are a favorite of the young kids and old kids alike. Just grab them on the go or sitting down at the dinner table, these sweet glazed drumsticks will be the center of attention at every meal. These glazed drumsticks have crispy outside skin and the juicy center inside.
Sweet Glazed Drumsticks will always be a crowd favorite that doesn’t break the bank. They are an inexpensive way to keep to your low carb diet and satisfy the palate and not spend all day in the kitchen.
How to Make Sweet Glazed Drumsticks:
Step One: Place all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk until the ingredients are combined completely.
Step Two: Add the drumsticks to a large Ziploc bag and pour the marinade mix over the drumsticks.
Step Three: Toss the drumsticks with the marinade and refrigerate for 30 minutes or more.
Step Four: Place your drumsticks on the oven rack with your temperature set at 400 degrees – be sure to preheat your oven up to temperature.
Step Five: Bake for 30 minutes then turn them over and bake an additional 10 minutes or until they become brown and crispy and reach an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees.
Step Six: Remove from the oven and serve. Bon Appetit.
Can I Use Other Cuts of Chicken for This Sweet Glazed Drumstick Recipe?
Yes, you can use any cut of chicken you like with this marinade as long as it has skin on it and your baking times may vary.
Can I Prepare these Sweet Glazed Drumsticks Ahead of Time?
You can prepare the marinade and store them in the refrigerator for up to 24 hrs. I love to prepare them the day before and just pop them into the oven when I am ready to serve.
How Long Can I Store These Drumsticks?
You can bake these sweet treats and store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also prepare them and freeze them for up to one month in sealed containers.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 2 lbs. Chicken drumsticks
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- ⅛ c. Soy sauce or coconut aminos
- ⅛ c. Worcestershire sauce
- Juice of one lemon
- 3 tbsp Swerve brown sugar substitute
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- ½ tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, the juice of one lemon, 3 tbsp of Swerve brown sugar substitute, 1 tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp basil, 1 tsp of paprika as well as salt and pepper to taste. Whisk the ingredients to combine them completely.
- Pour the marinade into a large Ziploc bag, and place the chicken drumsticks inside. Mix the drumsticks into the marinade in the bag, and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake the drumsticks on a rack for 30 minutes, flip them, and cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until they reach an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees.
Marinating Time: 30+ minutes
Servings: 5 (Roughly 2 drumsticks per serving)
Nutrition InformationYield 5 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 398Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 230mgSodium 658mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 0gSugar 8gProtein 44g