Just adding cheese to the simplest thing can make it a gourmet meal. These simple Caprese Stuffed Burgers are a prime example that taking something basic and simple and adding a few items can make it a deluxe meal that your family and friends are sure to love and look at you as a gourmet chef!
There are so many ways to spice up plain burgers, but these Caprese Stuffed Burgers are one of the most mouthwatering items I have had on my barbeque menu in a long time. Whether you are just planning a quick dinner with your family or you are having a party with your friends and family this is a get addition to your menu and will have your guest just raving about your cooking skills.
Keeping your low-carb diet while cooking for your family can be challenging, however, you can serve these Caprese Stuffed Burgers with lettuce wraps or you can also try Folios cheese wraps. They are made with 100% baked sheets of cheese. There are also many recipes for Tortilla Wraps that are made with low carb ingredients. You don’t have to skimp on taste to not cheat on your diet!!
How To Make Caprese Stuffed Burgers:
Step One: In a large mixing bowl add 2 lbs. of ground beef and salt and pepper to taste, 1 tsp of garlic powder, and 1 TBSP of balsamic vinegar.
Step Two: Combine all the ingredients well by mixing with your hands to ensure all the spices are distributed throughout.
Step Three: Separate the meat and spice mixture into 5 equal amounts. Each mixture will make one stuffed burger.
Step Four: Take one of the 5 parts, using ¾ of the beef mixture form a hamburger in the palm of your hand, then cup your hand, form a small bowl in the center of the patty.
Step Five: Add a small amount of the mozzarella cheese to the small bowl you created in the patty.
Step Six: Add some of the chopped sundried tomato and fresh basil to the top of the cheese.
Step Seven: Add an additional pinch of mozzarella cheese on the top of the tomato and basil. With the remaining meat form a smaller patty and shape it around the edges with none of the cheese filling showing.
Step Eight: Repeat steps 4 thru 7 until all the 5 caprese burgers are made.
Step Nine: In a large skillet, add 1 TBSP of olive oil over medium-high heat until hot.
Step Ten: Add the stuffed meat burgers to the hot skillet with the oil.
Step Eleven: Cook the burgers for 5-6 minutes on each side or until they have reached your desired doneness.
Step Twelve: Use lettuce to wrap your caprese stuffed burgers in. Cut them in half and serve with all your favorite condiments.
Can I Use Other Types of Meat With These Stuffed Caprese Burgers?
Yes, one of my favorite substitutes is turkey burger if you do not want to use beef. You can also use buffalo, pork, lamb, or chicken in place of beef in the stuffed burger recipe. You can make these burgers with a variety of different meats if you are having a party and want options for your guests.
Can I Make These Burgers Ahead of Time and Freeze Them?
One trick I have learned when planning for summer picnics with friends and family is preparing ahead of time makes the day go much smoother. I have a lot less stress the day of the party when I make things ahead of time and freeze them. The Caprese Stuffed Burgers are perfect for just that! You can store them for up to a month in the freezer.
What Other Type of Cheese Can I Use in This Recipe?
You can use almost any type of cheese that is shreddable or crumbles in this recipe. You can not call it Caprese if you substitute the mozzarella, but that is OK….it will be a delicious burger all the same. Some of my favorite cheese to use as a variety in the stuffed burger recipe are cheddar cheese, blue cheese, and feta cheese.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 2 lb. Ground beef
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- 1 c. Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp Sundried tomatoes finely chopped
- 1-2 tbsp. Fresh basil leaves chopped
- Place the 2 lbs of ground beef into a large mixing bowl.
- Add in salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle in 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Pour in 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar, and then mix the meat well using your hands.
- Form a beef patty in the palm of your hand.
- Cup your hand slightly and push down into the center to form a sort of bowl in the middle of the patty. Fill the center of the patty with a bit of mozzarella cheese.
- Top the cheese with some chopped sundried tomato and fresh basil.
- Place another pinch of mozzarella cheese on top, and then form a second smaller beef patty to fit on top of the fillings. Shape the edges of the patty together so that you have a nice stuffed beef patty with none of the fillings showing through.
- Continue steps 5-8 with the remaining ground beef and fillings. When you are finished, you should have five equal stuffed patties.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the patties to it once hot, and cook them for for about 5-6 minutes on each side, or until your desired level of doneness has been reached.
- Wrap the burgers in lettuce leaves, slice in half, and serve with your favorite toppings or condiments.
Nutrition InformationYield 5 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 592Total Fat 39gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 179mgSodium 367mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 54g
I have some of the most amazing dinner ideas for you and can’t wait to share. You are probably going to be drooling after looking at them:
- BBQ Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders – Plump, juicy chicken wrapped with bacon is one of the best meals ever! My biggest problem is not eating too many because they are so good.
- Egg Foo Young – You’ll be smacking your lips and going back for seconds when you taste how insanely good this foo young is!
- Chicken Alfredo Pizza – I am not sure that there could ever be anything better than this chicken alfredo pizza. It’s one you won’t forget because it’s finger-licking good.
- Low Carb Chicken Enchilada Soup – There is nothing more filling and flavorful than a hot bowl of soup. Perfect for an easy lunch or dinner option too.