Who doesn’t love butter cookies! Your kids will be jumping for joy when you make these Keto Butter Cookies for them. They will not even realize they are low carb, nor will they care. These are tasty snacks even the pickiest of kids will enjoy. These are perfect after-dinner treats for the big and little kids alike or great for dunking in your morning coffee.
I love to have these buttery treats in the freezer to send to school with my kids’ lunches as a surprise. They will be jumping for joy when they find them in their lunch box. These cookies will make your mouth water just thinking about the buttery flavor and they are so quick and easy to mix up a batch when you and your family need a quick sweet snack.
These Keto Butter Cookies are a treat even if you are not watching your carbs or on the keto diet. They will be a regular “go-to” for you when you are looking for a quick cookie, whether it is for a late-night craving or to treat the family. These are perfect in all situations.
How To Make Keto Butter Cookies:
Step One: You will need two mixing bowls to prepare this recipe. One for dry ingredients (smaller) and one for wet ingredients (larger).
Step Two: In the larger of the mixing bowls, cream together one stick of butter and ¾ cup of Swerve sweetener until the mixture is creamy.
Step Three: In the smaller of the mixing bowls, add the almond flour and baking powder, and combine until blended.
Step Four: In the larger of the mixing bowls with the butter and sweetener mixtures, add one egg, and 1 tsp of vanilla, and combine until mixture is smooth.
Step Five: With a mixer, add the dry ingredients in the large mixing bowl with wet ingredients and mix on high until they are well combined.
Step Six: Using plastic wrap to wrap up the dough, place dough in the refrigerator for at least 1 hr.
Step Seven: Set your oven to 325 degrees and take the chilled cookie dough out of the refrigerator.
Step Eight: Separate the dough into small balls (large marble-sized) and place them on baking sheet 12 at a time. Leave space between each ball of dough so they can expand when cooking.
Step Nine: Avoid the cookies from raising and expanding too much while cooking by pressing down lightly with a fork on each of the dough balls.
Step Ten: Place the baking sheet in the oven with 12 cookies for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Allow the cookies to cool for several minutes before removing them from the baking sheet.
Step Eleven: Enjoy!!!
How Long Can I Freeze These Keto Butter Cookies For?
You can freeze these cookies in an airtight container for 1-2 months. They are perfect for pulling a few out of the freezer and allowing them to thaw and serve them. They will thaw quickly on the countertop in like 5 minutes.
Are There Any Variations I Can Add to These Butter Cookies?
I love to throw in a couple of teaspoons of cinnamon to give them a different flavor profile. I also like to add a bit of peanut butter at times to give them a little sass. You can also drizzle them with unsweetened dark chocolate to spice them up!
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Keto Butter Cookies
- 1 ¼ c. Almond flour
- ¾ c. Swerve or other keto friendly sweetener
- 1 Stick of butter
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 Egg beaten
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine one stick of butter and ¾ of a cup of Swerve sweetener. Blend the butter and sugar substitute together until creamy.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour and baking powder.
- To the mixing bowl with the butter mixture, add 1 beaten egg and 1 tsp of vanilla. Mix together until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and mix them on high until well incorporated.
- Place the dough onto plastic wrap. Wrap the dough securely, and place it into the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees, and remove the dough from the fridge.
- Roll the dough into small balls about the size of a large marble. Place 12 on a baking sheet at a time. Be sure to leave enough space between each cookie, as they will expand when cooking.
- Using a fork, press down gently on each of the cookie dough balls. This will keep the cookies from puffing up too much when cooking.
- Bake the cookies for 10-15 minutes, removing them when they are golden brown. Let the cookies sit and cool on the baking sheet for several minutes. They will harden as they cool, making them easier to remove.
Keto Oreos – If you’ve been craving your favorite cookie, you are going to LOVE these Keto Oreos!
Keto Pumpkin Pie – turns your favorite holiday pie into a keto-friendly dessert you can enjoy year-round!
Keto Peanut Butter Mousse, an absolutely divine keto dessert recipe ready in just 5 minutes and is guaranteed to satiate your sweet tooth.
Keto Strawberry Shortcake, Bite into summer with delicious Keto Strawberry Shortcake!