Whether you believe the origin of Spaghetti Bolognese came from the city of Bologna in Italy or if the original recipe included pasta, this Keto Spaghetti Bolognese will have everyone asking you if it is a secret family recipe.
The vegetable combination in this Keto Bolognese adds such flavor to a simple but gourmet dish that will make you forget you are eating a keto low-carb dish. The kids will not even mind that they are eating their veggies in this delicious dish.
You will feel like a real Italian chef when you put this Keto Spaghetti Bolognese on the table for your family. It is also fancy enough to serve at a dinner party to a guest of all stature. The perfect combination of vegetables, protein, and spices will be sure to have your mouth watering. They will be asking for seconds.
How To Make Keto Spaghetti Bolognese:
Step One: In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 1TBSP of olive oil, heat until hot.
Step Two: Add the vegetables – onion, celery, and carrot to the skillet and cook – stirring often until they are just starting to get tender but remain a bit crisp
Step Three: Add the ground beef to the vegetable mixture in the skillet and continue to brown the beef until cooked completely.
Step Four: Add ½ cup of red cooking wine and cook until rendered down where little remains.
Step Five: Add the following seasonings to the beef vegetable mixture: Italian seasoning, basil, bay leaves, salt and pepper and combine well.
Step Six: Add 3 cloves of garlic and cook 1 additional minute
Step Seven: Mix in 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce and 2 cans of diced tomatoes and reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
Step Eight: Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese – don’t forget to remove your bay leaves.
Step Nine: Serve with your favorite low-carb noodle substitute.
Can I Substitute Other Proteins in This Keto Bolognese Recipe?
Yes, some of my favorite Italian sausage, turkey sausage, and pork sausage. They all give it just a little different flare.
Can I Freeze This Keto Spaghetti Bolognese?
Yes, you can portion and freeze it for up to one month in appropriate storage containers. Please do it before you add any kind of low carb noodle substitute.
What Can I Serve With my Keto Bolognese?
My personal favorite is zucchini noodles sautéed briefly just to give them a little tenderness. I also like to serve this over cauliflower rice or shirataki noodles.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Keto Spaghetti Bolognese
- ● 2 lb. Ground beef
- ● 1 Carrot peeled and diced
- ● 1 Stalk of celery diced
- ● 1 Small onion diced
- ● 2 14.5 oz Cans diced tomatoes
- ● 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ● ½ tsp. Basil
- ● 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ● 2 Bay leaves
- ● ½ c. Red cooking wine
- ● 3 Cloves garlic
- ● ½ c. Parmesan cheese
- ● Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat on the stove.
- When the oil is hot, add in the onion, celery and carrot. Stir often, and cook until the vegetables are a crisp tender.
- Add in the ground beef, and brown completely. Pour off any excess grease.
- Mix in ½ cup of red cooking wine, and cook down until it is almost completely absorbed.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, ½ teaspoon of basil, 2 bay leaves, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine the ingredients well.
- Toss in 3 cloves of garlic, and cook for an additional minute.
- Add in 2 teaspoons of worcestershire sauce.
- Reduce the heat to low, and mix in 2 cans of diced tomatoes. Simmer the sauce on low for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves, and serve the sauce garnished with Parmesan cheese on your favorite low-carb noodle substitute.