This crave-worthy Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole is one of the best things your tongue will ever taste. Filled with ground beef, bacon, cheese, seasonings, ketchup, and a few more ingredients, it’s one of the best cheeseburger casseroles ever. Serve it at a dinner party, family game night, or take it to a potluck for a fun and delicious low carb cheeseburger casserole everyone will enjoy.
Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
Don’t you just love casseroles? I sure do because you can basically throw in all your favorite ingredients and BOOM you have an incredible meal that gets devoured in minutes. We love this cheeseburger casserole on busy weeknights when we are in between running here and there. It’s a comforting meal that the kids and the entire family are more than excited to eat. So, if you struggle with finding low carb meals that the whole family eats, then add this one to your list.
They won’t be able to resist it, and it will save you TONS of time in the kitchen too.
Another thing I want to point out is that if you make this bacon cheeseburger casserole for meal prep, you can save time during the week too. I know when I first started eating low carb, it was hard for me to commit because I would feel like I didn’t want to cook after a long day. When you meal prep, you just have to warm up the food and enjoy it.
You spend one-day cooking and the rest working on other things instead. It’s a huge win all around, and I think you will enjoy the reward you get when you get used to it.
Cheeseburger Casserole Variations
There are tons of different ingredients you can add to this cheeseburger casserole to customize it. Here are some fun ideas for you to try out:
- Meats: you can swap the ground beef for ground turkey, chicken, or pork. They are all lovely options and taste great too.
- Mayonnaise: if you love to eat cheeseburgers with mayo, feel free to add some to the casserole. It’s a yummy flavor that goes well with the other ingredients.
- Turkey Bacon: you can exchange the regular bacon for turkey bacon if you’d rather. I like it both ways, and you can’t go wrong.
- Cheese: add some mozzarella, Colby Jack, Swiss, or any other cheese you love.
- Mushrooms: if you enjoy some mushrooms on your cheeseburgers, be sure to saute them and add them to the casserole.
Tips for making bacon cheeseburger casserole
- If there is excess grease from browning the hamburger, be sure to drain it. It’s extra calories and will make the bacon cheeseburger casserole a little runny.
- Feel free to add in any extra ingredients that you want as long as they are low carb. It’s your meal, so feel free to adjust it accordingly.
- Don’t overtake the cheeseburger casserole, or it will be a little bit dry. It’s still edible when it’s dried out, but it just doesn’t taste as good as when it is moist and delicious.
Ingredients For Your Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
The ingredients in this bacon cheeseburger casserole are very forgiving and can be adjusted. Add in more garlic, onions, or other ingredients if you want. Or omit something completely depending on what you are feeling. There aren’t wrong answers, just happy taste buds.
- Olive oil
- Ground beef
- Onion chopped
- Minced garlic
- Worcestershire sauce
- Sugar free ketchup
- Cream cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heavy whipping cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese divided
- Pickle chips
- Bacon pieces
How to Make Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
This is one of my favorite casseroles to make because they are so easy to prepare. Let’s take a peek at what you need to do to make this bacon cheeseburger casserole.
1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Add the olive oil to a large ovenproof skillet. Turn on the heat to medium-high and allow it to heat on the stovetop.
3. Add the ground beef and onion to the large skillet. Cook them until the onion has softened, and the ground beef is browned all the way.
4. If there is any excess grease, be sure to drain it off, so it doesn’t make the casserole to soggy.
5. Add the minced garlic, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, sugar-free ketchup, cream cheese, pepper, and salt to the skillet to taste. Stir well to make sure ingredients are incorporated well.
6. Place a layer of the ground beef mixture on the bottom of a casserole dish.
7. Combine the eggs, heavy whipping cream, and a cup of the cheese in a mixing bowl.
8. Pour the egg mixture over the top of the hamburger in the casserole dish.
9. Top the ground beef with a layer of pickle chips and then the crumbled bacon. Add the last cup of cheese on top of the cheeseburger casserole.
10. Put the bacon cheeseburger casserole in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes and serve with freshly chopped parsley as garnish if desired.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 ½ lbs. Ground beef
- ½ C. Onion chopped
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 2 tsp. Minced garlic
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar free ketchup
- 3 oz. Cream cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Eggs
- ⅓ C. Heavy whipping cream
- 2 C. Shredded cheddar cheese divided
- ½ C. Pickle chips
- ½ C. Bacon pieces
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat on the stovetop.
- Add the ground beef and onion to the skillet, and cook until the onion has softened and the ground beef is browned.
- Drain any excess grease if needed.
- To the skillet, add the minced garlic, oregano, worcestershire sauce, sugar free ketchup, cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine well.
- Layer the meat mixture in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, heavy whipping cream and a cup of the cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top of the meat in the casserole dish.
- Top the meat with a layer of pickle chips and then the crumbled bacon. Top off the casserole with the other cup of cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes and serve with freshly chopped parsley as garnish if desired.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 484Total Fat 36gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 177mgSodium 564mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 34g
More Casserole Recipe ideas
If you love this homemade cheeseburger casserole recipe as much as I do, I am confident you will want some of these easy dinner options too. Take a look and let us know which ones you like best.
- Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole – If you love chicken cordon bleu, you need this casserole in your life. Its incredible flavor is hard to beat, and it’s so easy too.
- Creamy Cauliflower Chicken Casserole – We love all sorts of chicken casseroles at our house. The combination of cauliflower and chicken is out of this world. Trust me; you are going to want to try this one.