I have to admit that I am quite a fan of salads. There is just something so satisfying and refreshing about a good salad.
Plus, they are usually very healthy and can easily be tailored to fit whatever dietary restrictions you may have.
This Amish broccoli salad is perfect for those hot summer days when you want a light but filling meal. It’s also a great way to use up any leftover broccoli from previous meals.
Give it a try!
Why do I love Amish Broccoli Salad?
There are a few things that I really love about Amish broccoli salad.
- First of all, it’s a very simple and healthy dish. It’s packed with nutrients and fiber and is also low in calories. This makes it a great option for those days when I’m trying to eat healthily but doesn’t want to spend hours in the kitchen preparing a complicated meal.
- Another thing I love about this salad is that it’s very versatile. You can easily add or remove ingredients to suit your taste, or whatever you have on hand. For example, if you’re not a fan of onions you can leave them out, or if you want a bit more of a crunch you can add some chopped nuts.
- Finally, I think this salad just has a really great flavor. The sweetness of the cranberries, the tanginess of the dressing, and the crunch of the broccoli all come together perfectly. It’s a dish that I always enjoy, and one that I think you will too!
- Cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Salt to taste
How to make Amish Broccoli Salad:
Step 1. Cook the bacon until crispy, and then drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Crumble once cooled.
Step 2. Toss together the broccoli and cauliflower pieces in a large mixing bowl.
Step 3. In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream, mayonnaise, sugar, and salt.
Step 4. Add the mixture to the bowl with the vegetables.
Then, toss to combine well.
Step 5. Stir in the bacon and cheese.
Chill before serving.
Amish Broccoli Salad
- 1 Head of broccoli florets chopped into pieces
- 1 C. Mayonnaise
- 1 Head of cauliflower florets chopped into pieces
- 1 C. Cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 C. Sour cream
- ½ lb. Bacon
- ½ C. Sugar
- Salt to taste
- Cook the bacon until crispy, and then drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Crumble once cooled.
- Toss together the broccoli and cauliflower pieces in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream, mayonnaise, sugar, and salt.
- Add the mixture to the bowl with the vegetables, and toss to combine well.
- Stir in the bacon and cheese, and chill before serving.
THANKS FOR PINING!
Amish Broccoli Salad Tips
When it comes to making Amish broccoli salad, there are a few tips that I always keep in mind.
- First of all, make sure to cook the broccoli just until it’s tender-crisp. If you overcook it the salad will be mushy and not as enjoyable.
- Secondly, I like to let the salad sit for at least an hour before serving, to give the flavors time to meld together. This is especially important if you’re using homemade dressing, as it will need some time to thicken up.
- Finally, when serving the salad I like to top it with a bit of crumbled bacon and some shredded cheese. This adds a nice bit of flavor and texture, but you can certainly leave these toppings off if you’re trying to keep it light.
Whether you’re looking for a healthy and filling meal or just a simple and delicious side dish, this Amish broccoli salad is sure to hit the spot. Give it a try today!
Amish Broccoli Salad Variations
There are a few different ways that you can change up this Amish broccoli salad to suit your taste.
- One easy way to do this is to swap out the dressing. If you’re not a fan of the tangy dressing used in this recipe, you could try a sweeter dressing like honey mustard or ranch.
- Another way to change up the flavor of the salad is to add in some different ingredients. For example, you could try adding some chopped nuts or diced fruit. This will give the salad a bit more crunch and sweetness.
- Finally, you could also change up the toppings. As I mentioned before, I love to top my Amish broccoli salad with crumbled bacon and shredded cheese. However, you could also try things like diced avocado or grilled chicken.
More salad recipes?
Seafood Salad – incredible flavors!
California Spaghetti Salad – SO GOOD!
Cucumber, Tomato, Avocado Salad – A delight!