Steak is one of those proteins you might imagine is best cooked fast, and that can be the best way to cook it.
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
After all, what is better than a gorgeously marbled rib-eye cooked over hot coals? But hold that thought – slow cooked steak is not only a thing but it’s also a nice alternative to char-grilled meat and you can throw steak into a crockpot with a few other ingredients and expect a succulent, perfect result!
The steak bites this recipe makes are soft, juicy and literally fall apart. You can just tip all the ingredients in your crockpot and flick the switch. You don’t have to have any steak grilling knowhow at all.
This comfort food style steak is incredible with mashed potatoes, fries or even egg noodles. Take your pick from sirloin steak, chuck roast, round steak, or even plain stew meat. Any cut of beef works in this crockpot steak bites recipe.
Why You’ll Love the Recipe:
Steak is a beautiful choice and few meats beat the appeal of juicy, succulent steak cooked right. This recipe slow cooks the meat for a juicy and moist result. You’re going to be amazed how soft and tender this comes out.
How to Serve It:
Enjoy these steak cubes over noodles, mashed potatoes or with French fries.
Can You Make It Ahead?
Yes, you can make the steak bites in advance and warm them back up gently.
- Chopped sirloin steak
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- Jus gravy mix
- Garlic cloves
- Beef broth
- Unsalted butter
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
How to make Slow Cooker Steak Bites:
Toss the meat with the salt and black pepper.
Put half the oil in a skillet and warm on the stove.
Sear the meat until browned all over, then transfer into the slow cooker, adding more oil whenever needed.
Add the garlic and onion to the slow cooker with the steak and stir.
Add the beef broth and sprinkle over the au jus gravy powder.
Arrange the butter on top in slices.
Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or low for 7 to 8, stirring every half hour.
Serve garnished with fresh parsley.
There is no way you’ll ever regret making this gorgeous steak bites recipe, not when the resulting beef comes out so tender. Whether you enjoy this with mashed potatoes, fries or noodles, you’re in store for a real treat!
Slow Cooker Steak Bites
- 3 pounds chopped sirloin steak
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 thinly sliced small onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package au jus gravy mix
- 3 thinly sliced garlic cloves
- 1 cup beef broth low sodium if possible
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Toss the meat with the salt and black pepper.
- Put half the oil in a skillet and warm on the stove.
- Sear the meat until browned all over, then transfer into the slow cooker, adding more oil whenever needed.
- Add the garlic and onion to the slow cooker with the steak and stir.
- Add the beef broth and sprinkle over the au jus gravy powder.
- Arrange the butter on top in slices.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or low for 7 to 8, stirring every half hour.
- Serve garnished with fresh parsley.
Keep leftovers in an airtight container and eat within 3 days. Alternatively freeze them for up to 3 months. You can warm the steak bites back up in a pan or the microwave. If the sauce is too thin, you can mix a cornstarch or flour slurry into it.
Variations and Substitutions:
Use any kind of steak you want form sirloin to stewing steak. Tougher cuts will take a bit longer in the slow cooker, but the steak will come out juicy and perfect in the end.