Looking for a delicious keto fried chicken recipe? This is the best keto fried chicken you will ever taste. Simple to make and great to eat, this is the pork rind chicken you need.
Delicious Pickle Brined Keto Fried Chicken
Why should I use a pickle brine for chicken tenders?
When making fried chicken, there are only so many ways to add a new flavor to it. However, if you use a pickle brine, not only does this keto fried chicken take on a new flavor, it takes on the best flavor. If you think that sounds like a weird combination, think about Chick-Fil-A sandwiches. They knew that pickles and fried chicken go together, and one bite of this recipe, you will know it too.
What Does the Pickle Brine Do?
When you use the pickle brine with this recipe, you will use it to marinate the chicken. When you marinate the chicken with the pickle brine, you will get the pickle flavor into the chicken. Whenever you marinate meat, it not only takes on the flavor, it also makes it moist and tender. When you are making this chicken, while you can skip this step, I recommend that you do it. It gives the chicken such an amazing flavor it is worth the extra time.
Can I Freeze Fried Pickle Chicken?
This fried pickle chicken makes a great freezer meal. You can make extra of the fried pickle chicken and store it in the freezer. Either store the chicken after you have cooked it so that it can be reheated later or coat the with the “breading” and freeze it in a single layer. Once frozen, you can move the chicken to a freezer bag and then cook it later. When reheating the fried pickle chicken, you will want to make sure to reheat it in the oven in order to maintain that crispy crunch.
How Long Does Keto Fried Chicken Last
When you are making this keto fried chicken you will want to store it in the refrigerator. The chicken will last, covered, for up to 3 days. If you decide to freeze the keto fried chicken, it will last up to 3 months in the freezer. If you think you will not eat the fried chicken before it spoils, you will want to freeze it immediately.
What to serve with pork rind chicken tenders
This pork rind chicken is a great main course for a meal. When making this chicken, you will want to have things to serve with it. Here are some of my favorite keto recipes to serve with the keto chicken.
- Keto Cauliflower Mac and Cheese – Cauliflower mac and cheese is a low carb comfort food that is healthy and keto! Once you bite into the cheesy goodness of the cauliflower cheese bake, you are going to forget all about the old stuff!
- Loaded Cauliflower Bake – Loaded cauliflower bake is super EASY and packed with lots of yummy flavors. It’s the perfect low carb side dish you have been waiting for.
- Lemon Zucchini Noodles Recipe – Make the lemon zoodles from this recipe to enjoy as a side dish to the keto fried chicken.
- Parmesan Cauliflower Rice – While this parmesan cauliflower rice is made with chicken, you can take the “rice” recipe and make it with this fried chicken recipe.
How to Reheat Pickle Chicken
If you have leftovers of this pickle chicken, or you are reheating it from frozen, you will want to reheat it in the oven. If you heat the fried chicken in the microwave, it will not have a crispy crunch that you are trying for when you use the pork rinds to make the coating. Put a cooling rack or something similar under the chicken when hearting so that the coating stays crisp on all sides.
Ingredients for Keto Fried Chicken
- chicken breasts
- pickle juice
- plain pork rinds
- Oil of your choosing for frying
How to Make Pork Rind Keto Fried Chicken
Step 1. Place the chicken breasts into a Ziploc bag along with the juice from a 16 oz. jar of pickles. Put the bag in the fridge, and allow the chicken to marinate overnight.
Step 2. Place a 4 oz. bag of plain pork rinds into a Ziploc bag, and use a rolling pin to crush them into fine crumbs. You can alternatively use a food processor to do this if you like. Put the crumbs into a shallow bowl.
Step 3. In a separate bowl, place the two beaten eggs.
Step 4. Cut the marinated chicken into strips or nuggets.
Step 5. Dip the drained chicken into first the egg mixture, and then coat in the pork rind crumbs.
Step 6. Heat up 2 cups of an oil of your choosing in a deep skillet or pan over medium-high heat. Do not place the heat too high, or the outside of your chicken will burn while the inside remains raw.
Step 7. Place the coated chicken strips into the heated oil, and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side in batches until they are all done.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 3 Large chicken breasts
- Juice from a 16 oz. jar of pickles
- 4 oz. Bag of plain pork rinds
- 2 Eggs beaten
- 2 c. Oil of your choosing for frying
- Place the chicken breasts into a Ziploc bag along with the juice from a 16 oz. jar of pickles. Put the bag in the fridge, and allow the chicken to marinate overnight.
- Place a 4 oz. bag of plain pork rinds into a Ziploc bag, and use a rolling pin to crush them into fine crumbs. You can alternatively use a food processor to do this if you like. Put the crumbs into a shallow bowl.
- In a separate bowl, place the two beaten eggs.
- Cut the marinated chicken into strips or nuggets.
- Dip the drained chicken into first the egg mixture, and then coat in the pork rind crumbs.
- Heat up 2 cups of an oil of your choosing in a deep skillet or pan over medium-high heat. Do not place the heat too high, or the outside of your chicken will burn while the inside remains raw.
- Place the coated chicken strips into the heated oil, and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side in batches until they are all done.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 1374Total Fat 127gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 108gCholesterol 196mgSodium 1572mgCarbohydrates 11gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 1gSugar 8gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 49g
More Keto Recipes ideas
If you love this Pickle Brined Keto Fried Chicken recipe as much as I do, I am confident you will want some of these easy dinner options too. Take a look and let us know which ones you like best.
- Easy Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole – If you love chicken cordon bleu, you need this casserole in your life. Its incredible flavor is hard to beat, and it’s so easy too.
- The Best Keto Breakfast Casserole Recipes for Ketogenic Diet – Casseroles aren’t just for dinner! There are some drool-worthy breakfast casseroles out there too.
- 20 Keto Friendly Casseroles For Busy Nights – This list of keto casseroles are sure to have your mouth watering by the end of it. They are so amazing and don’t take tons of effort either. Win-Win!
- Keto Creamy Cauliflower Chicken Casserole – We love all sorts of chicken casseroles at our house. The combination of cauliflower and chicken is out of this world. Trust me; you are going to want to try this one.