Keto Almond Joy Chia Seed Pudding is a sweet but nutritious chia seed pudding to be enjoyed any time of the day.
If you love almond joy candy bars, you are going to LOVE this easy keto chia seed pudding. While I have not perfected the perfect keto almond joy recipe, this Keto Almond Joy Chia Seed Pudding is the next best thing!
It containers all of the flavors and ingredients I love about almond joy candy bars – almond, chocolate, and coconut.
But, I have to say this keto chia seed pudding is 100x healthier than any almond joy candy bar and most likely any copycat recipe too!
The health benefits of chia seeds WAY outweigh any nutritional benefits of an almond joy bar…which are approximately 0, as they’re full of refined sugars and preservatives.
This Keto Almond Joy Chia Seed Pudding, however, is loaded with health benefits and nutrients. Chia seeds are considered to be one of the healthiest foods on the planet so even though this keto chia seed pudding tastes like dessert, you’re actually doing your body a favor by eating it!
Chia seeds are high in fiber, protein, antioxidants, and other nutrients. It’s said that they can assist with weight loss, reduce blood pressure and blood sugar, and promote strong bone health, among other things.
I typically eat chia pudding as an on-the-go breakfast. I make it the night before, separate into mason jars with lids, and grab it in the morning as I walk out the door.
This Keto Almond Joy Chia Seed Pudding also works as breakfast – but I prefer to eat it as a snack or dessert, whenever the chocolate craving hits! It makes a delicious after-dinner keto dessert and I love that I can prepare it ahead of time to serve to guests after dinner…all of whom have loved it!
There are some keto desserts that while they fall into all keto guidelines, are meant to be more of an occasional treat than a nightly indulgence. Even working with keto ingredients, there’s only so healthy you can make certain desserts. This Keto Almond Joy Chia Pudding is not one of these desserts. It’s actually one of those desserts I allow myself to eat several times a week, guilt-free because I know that even with the added chocolate, I’m filling my body with nutritious ingredients.
If the kids are begging me for a chocolate treat, this is one of my first options to give them. They love mixing in all the toppings and especially LOVE the chocolate chips…and frequently talk me into adding just a few more. They love chocolate, I love that they’re eating something nutritious. It’s a win-win for everyone.
Whether it’s breakfast, a snack, or dessert, this keto pudding is a sweet treat you can feel good about eating!
How To Make Keto Almond Joy Chia Seed Pudding
Step 1. In a mixing bowl combine:
Whisk to combine:
Step 2. Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours or overnight.
Step 3. Divide into two servings, topping each one with coconut flakes, slivered almonds and chocolate chips.
Step 4. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge.
What are chia seeds considered so healthy?
Chia seeds are considered one of the healthiest foods on Earth. Though tiny, their nutritious benefits are enormous. Adding just a few tablespoons of chia seeds to your weekly diet can have a great impact on your health. Some health benefits of chia seeds include weight loss, lower blood sugar, reduced risk of heart attack, and more. Chia seeds are high in fiber, protein, and antioxidants.
How should I serve this Keto Almond Joy Chia Seed Pudding?
Keto chia pudding is best served cold and must be refrigerated for several hours. If you intend to enjoy keto chia pudding for breakfast, I recommend making it the night before and if you want it for breakfast on the go, place the individual servings into mason jars or other glass containers with lids. Otherwise, if you plan to enjoy for dessert, prepare it at least 2-3 hours before you’ll be eating it.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Keto Almond Joy Chia Seed Pudding
- 1 c Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 4 tbsp Whole chia seeds
- 2 tbsp Swerve confectioners sugar substitute
- 1 tbsp Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp Slivered almonds
- 2 tbsp Unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp Lily’s dark chocolate baking chips
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chia seeds, almond milk, Swerve sweetener and cocoa powder. Whisk until combined well.
- Place the mixture into the fridge for 2-3 hours to set. The chia seeds will absorb more of the liquid, and the resulting mixture will resemble pudding. If the mixture has too much liquid after being in the fridge for a while, you can add another tablespoon of chia seeds, and let it sit for a bit longer.
- Place the chia seed pudding into two serving containers, and top each one with a tablespoon each of the unsweetened coconut flakes, slivered almonds and chocolate chips.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Check out these other keto chia pudding recipes:
- Keto Blueberry Almond Chia Pudding, an easy, make-ahead breakfast that’s high in both nutrients and flavor. An ideal keto breakfast for those on-the-go mornings!
- Keto Pumpkin Spice Chia Pudding, is a quick, delicious keto dessert or snack for two.