These Keto Mexican Mini Meatloaf will ignite your taste buds. They’re full of your favorite Mexican flavors, without any of the carbs.
I love Mexican food and indulging in a ridiculous amount of tacos, burritos, and enchiladas is probably one of the things I miss most from my pre-keto life. (Though, of course, the health benefits of being keto certainly make up for it.)
But sometimes the best part of being keto is getting creative in the kitchen and finding unique ways to recreate my favorite flavors into a new, easy keto dinner recipe.
That’s how I ended up with this Keto Mexican Style Mini Meatloaf. With traditional Mexican flavors, it’s everything you love from your favorite Mexican dish, minus the carbs.
I based this recipe off the many Keto Mexican Style Meatloaf recipes, with a few adjusts. The first is that I made this keto mini meatloaf, instead of a full-size meatloaf.
Why? Each portion is already divided, so no messy attempts at cutting the meatloaf, and they store and freezing easier. I find that when I reheat this keto mini meatloaf that they stay much moister than trying to reheat just a slice of meatloaf.
To make this recipe a keto meatloaf, I ditched the bread crumbs traditionally used to bind meatloaf and switched it out for almond flour.
How To Make Mini Mexican Style Meatloaf
Step 1. Begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
Step 2. Mix together all ingredients in a bowl. Make sure all ingredients are distributed evenly, using your hands to mix if necessary.
Step 3. Grease your muffin pan and distribute the keto meatloaf mixture into 7 sections.
Step 4. Bake for 30 minutes.
Step 5. Add cheese on top of each mini keto meatloaf and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
What variations can I make to this Keto Mexican Meatloaf?
If you prefer your food with more or less spice, you can adjust the seasonings used. I kept it mild but flavorful. You could also use this recipe to make a full-size keto Mexican meatloaf, you would just put the mixture in a regular meatloaf pan and adjust bake time accordingly.
What should I serve this Mexican Style Meatloaf with?
You can serve this Keto Mexican Style Meatloaf by itself, with a salad, or any other favorite side dish.
Can you freeze this Mini Mexican Style Keto Meatloaf?
Yes! One of my favorite things about the recipe, and the reason why I choose mini meatloaf, is that it’s so easy to freeze and eat later for a quick lunch or dinner. I usually skip the cheese step and add that just before I eat it.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 2 lbs Ground beef or Ground pork
- ⅓ c Almond flour
- 1 Egg beaten
- 1 Can well drained Rotel
- 2 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 7 tbsp Mexican style shredded cheese blend
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground meat, almond flour, egg, Rotel, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste. Use your hands to mix the ingredients until they are completely combined.
- Fill 7 sections of a greased muffin tin with the meat mixture, filling each section to the top.
- Bake the mini meatloaves for 30 minutes.
- Remove the meatloaves from the oven, top with 1 tbsp of shredded Mexican blend cheese each, and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
Nutrition InformationYield 7 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 468Total Fat 31gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 160mgSodium 461mgCarbohydrates 4gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 1gSugar 0gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 42g
More Keto Recipes ideas
If you love this Keto Mini Mexican Style Meatloaf recipe as much as I do, I am confident you will want some of these easy dinner options too. Take a look and let us know which ones you like best.
- Easy Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole – If you love chicken cordon bleu, you need this casserole in your life. Its incredible flavor is hard to beat, and it’s so easy too.
- The Best Keto Breakfast Casserole Recipes for Ketogenic Diet – Casseroles aren’t just for dinner! There are some drool-worthy breakfast casseroles out there too.
- 20 Keto Friendly Casseroles For Busy Nights – This list of keto casseroles are sure to have your mouth watering by the end of it. They are so amazing and don’t take tons of effort either. Win-Win!
- Keto Creamy Cauliflower Chicken Casserole – We love all sorts of chicken casseroles at our house. The combination of cauliflower and chicken is out of this world. Trust me; you are going to want to try this one.