This Keto Meatball Casserole, or Keto Meatball Parmesan, is a simple but delicious keto dinner recipe.
For a recipe with so few ingredients, this Keto Meatball Casserole (Keto Meatball Parmesan) is packed with flavor. It’s all the flavor you’d expect in a traditional Italian lasagna or pasta with meat sauce, without the flavors. When I’m craving a keto Italian recipe, I head straight for this Keto Meatball Casserole.
Even better is that my kids LOVE this recipe. They love helping me shape the meatballs almost as much as they love eating them.
There are so many ways to eat this Keto Meatball Casserole. As I suggest below you can serve them on a bed of lettuce or over a pasta substitute, like zoodles or these keto noodles, or you can make a “meatball sub” with your favorite keto bread substitute.
This Keto Parmesan is also a great recipe to make ahead and freeze.
How To Make Keto Meatball Casserole:
- Begin by preheating the oven the 400 degrees.
- Combine the ground beef and crushed pork rinds in a bowl.
- Add in parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and basil, along with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in crushed garlic.
- Beat 1 egg and pour it over the mixture.
- Combine all ingredients with your hands, until all are evenly incorporated.
- Form 24 equal-sized meatballs and place them in a greased baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Drain any excess grease.
- Top meatballs with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Return to oven for 10 minutes or until sauce is warm and cheese is melted.
- Serve over your favorite noodle substitute or lettuce.
What variations can I make to this Keto Meatball Casserole?
If you’d like, you can use a combination of ground beef and ground pork or ground chicken in this meatball parmesan.
How should I serve Keto Meatball Casserole?
I typically serve this keto Italian recipe over keto noodles or a bed of lettuce. You can serve them over any keto noodle substitute or make a meatball sub with a keto bread substitute.
Does this Keto Meatball Casserole freeze well?
Yes! I love to divide this Keto Meatball Casserole into individual portions and freeze it. Makes an easy lunch or dinner!
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Keto Meatball Casserole
- ● 2 lbs. Ground beef
- ● 1 c. Crushed pork rind crumbs
- ● ½ c. Parmesan cheese
- ● 1 ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- ● ½ tsp. Basil
- ● 3 Cloves minced garlic
- ● Salt and pepper to taste
- ● 1 Egg beaten
- ● 1 ½ c. Low carb marinara sauce
- ● 1 ½ c. Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the 2 lbs of ground beef with 1 cup of crushed pork rind crumbs. You can crush the pork rinds by placing them in a Ziploc bag, and using a rolling pin to crush them finely.
- Add in ½ cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Mix in 1 ½ tsp of Italian seasoning and ½ tsp of Basil.
- Toss in salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in 3 cloves of minced garlic.
- Pour in 1 beaten egg.
- Combine the ingredients together by mixing with your hands until they are well incorporated.
- Form the meat mixture into 24 equal meatballs, and place them into the bottom of a greased casserole dish.
- Bake the meatballs for 30 minutes, draining off any excess fat or juices when they are done.
- Top the cooked meatballs with 1 ½ cups of low carb marinara sauce.
- Sprinkle with 1 ½ cups of Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes and serve over a bed of spinach or your favorite noodle substitute.