Looking for a little spice in your life? This Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken is the meal for you!
While I try to keep many of my meals kid-friendly there are sometimes I just need a little extra spice and this jalapeno stuffed chicken is my new go-to.
Jalapeno poppers have long been one of my favorite appetizers – I love the flavor combination of spicy jalapenos with gooey cheese, bonus if there’s some bacon involved. Instead of just creating a jalapeno popper recipe, I decided to go above and beyond to recreate my favorite appetizer as a complete meal…leading me to this Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken.
Jalapeno Stuffed Chicken is loaded with flavor but not overly spicy. If you love jalapeno poppers, you’ll this Jalapeno Stuffed Chicken and if you don’t like jalapeno poppers, well you’ll probably still like this dinner recipe too.
When I’m creating a go-to dinner recipe, one of the most important things is that the ingredients are readily available and the recipe simple enough to cook up on a busy weeknight. Of course, there are always exceptions for special occasions but in general, I prefer easy dinner recipes over anything else.
Jalapeno Stuffed Chicken is one of those easy dinner recipes. There’s just a handful of ingredients, most of which you already have in your cupboard and just a few steps to this spicy, delicious dinner perfect.
How To Make Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken:
1.) Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2.) Make a lengthwise cut in each chicken breast, taking care to not cut the entire way through.
3.) Combine cream cheese and cheddar jack in a small bowl.
4.) Cut jalapenos lengthwise and spoon out seeds.
5.) Stuff one half of each jalapeno with the cheese mixture. Place the other side next to it so that it forms a full jalapeno again.
6.) Place one jalapeno inside of each chicken breast. Use a toothpick to close if necessary.
7.) Place a beaten egg, almond flour, and crushed pork rinds in separate bowls.
8.) Dip each chicken breast in the almond flour, egg, and pork rinds. Be sure to coat each side.
9.) Top with salt and pepper.
10.) Bake for 25-35 minutes, until the top is brown and crispy.
How Should I Serve Jalapeno Stuffed Chicken?
This dinner recipe is best served hot when the cheese is gooey and melted. I typically serve this chicken dish with a nice toss salad or other veggies. You could also serve with cauliflower rice.
Can I Store Jalapeno Stuffed Chicken?
I do not recommend freezing this recipe but you can store leftovers in the fridge for 2 days. These jalapeno stuffed chicken breasts are best reheated in the oven to maintain the crisp texture but you can reheat in a microwave in a hurry.
What Variations Can I Make To This Stuffed Chicken Breast?
Jalapeno Stuffed Chicken is packed with flavor as it is but if you’d like to go for a little extra flavor, try adding some bacon. You can wrap the jalapeno in a slice of bacon, as you would a traditional jalapeno popper, or mix in pieces of bacon into the cheese mixture.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
- 4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 large jalapeno peppers
- 4 oz. Cream cheese
- 2 oz. Cheddar jack shredded cheese
- 1 Egg beaten
- 4 tbsp. Almond flour
- 1.5 oz. Crushed pork rind crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- With a sharp knife, make a cut lengthwise in each chicken breast to create a little pocket in the center. Do not slice all of the way through the chicken breast and cut it into two pieces. Instead, make an incision that allows you to make a space in the center to be stuffed.
- Place 4 oz. of softened cream cheese and 2 oz. of shredded cheddar jack cheese into a mixing bowl, and combine them together with a fork.
- Cut the top off of each of the jalapeno peppers, cut them in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out and discard the seeds.
- Stuff one half of each pepper with the cheese filling. Mound the filling up a bit within the pepper half. Put the two slices of each jalapeno pepper back together again so that it forms a whole stuffed jalapeno.
- Place one stuffed jalapeno pepper inside the pocket of each chicken breast, and close the chicken breast down around it. If you cannot do this, you can secure the chicken breast closed with some cotton thread or a toothpick.
- Place the beaten egg in a shallow bowl, and lay the almond flour and crushed pork rind crumbs on two separate plates.
- Dip each chicken breast in the almond flour, egg and then the crushed pork rind crumbs, being sure to coat both sides.
- Top each chicken breast with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the chicken on a baking rack or baking sheet, and cook for 25-35 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the top is browned and crispy.
2 net carb per serving
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 503Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 208mgSodium 528mgCarbohydrates 5gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 1gSugar 2gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 54g