Welcome back to the blog friends!
For the most part; if you think of two of your favorite treat-yourself meals, you probably think of a juicy and greasy cheeseburger piled high with all your favorite toppings or a wonderful fresh-out-of-the-oven pizza.
To summarize, we combined these two glorious carb-overloaded foods into one amazing, savory dinner. First off, these flavors may look a little wild; but don’t knock it until you try them. Especially for everyone who really loves a good juicy cheeseburger any time of the year. This flaky crust holds all your favorite toppings well. A sweet and tangy flavor from your pickles, sweet tomatoes, savory meat, and cheese base has a little bit of everything on every single bite you take.
Cheeseburger Skillet Pizza is a recipe you need to save and see how wonderful this combination truly is.
Including some tangy yellow mustard and sweet ketchup which are always a fan favorite. The dough is crispy while your filling stays creamy.
Can I add other toppings if I choose?
When it comes to cheeseburger toppings, we are not going to limit your choices! Anything you would normally include on your homemade juicy burger can be included in this recipe. Add some mayonnaise, spicy mustard, jalapenos, crunchy bacon, or anything else you have in the fridge.
If I don’t eat beef, can I substitute it for another protein?
You can substitute the ground beef for either chicken, turkey, or sausage, or just leave the meat out! If you do take the vegetarian route; substitute the meat for either meatless meat or just add extra sauce and cheese to cover the bottom of the pizza dough to ensure you don’t see any burning on your crust.
1 pound ground beef 80/20
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
⅓ Cup ketchup
2 tbsp yellow mustard
1 14 ounce ready made pizza dough
2 Cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
½ Cup chopped onions
6-7 dill pickles
¼ Cup shredded lettuce
¼ Cup diced tomatoes
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
Place your pizza dough in the cast iron pan and press into the bottom and along the sides.
Using a large skillet add your beef, salt, and pepper over medium heat.
Cook until meat is browned 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease.
In a small bowl add the ketchup and mustard and stir to combine.
Pour the ketchup mixture into the pizza crust and spread.
Add the Cheddar cheese over ketchup mixture and top with beef and onions.
Top the beef mixture with the remaining Cheddar cheese.
Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
Top with pickles. Lettuce, and tomatoes and allow pizza to cool for 5 minutes.
- 1 pound ground beef 80/20
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ⅓ Cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 14 ounce ready made pizza dough
- 2 Cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ Cup chopped onions
- 6-7 dill pickles
- ¼ Cup shredded lettuce
- ¼ Cup diced tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place your pizza dough in the cast iron pan and press into the bottom and along the sides.
- Using a large skillet add your beef, salt, and pepper over medium heat.
- Cook until meat is browned 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease.
- In a small bowl add the ketchup and mustard and stir to combine.
- Pour the ketchup mixture into the pizza crust and spread.
- Add the Cheddar cheese over ketchup mixture and top with beef and onions.
- Top the beef mixture with the remaining Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Top with pickles. Lettuce, and tomatoes and allow pizza to cool for 5 minutes.