I’m laying in bed at my friend, Christy’s house. Her children climbed into bed with us early this morning, Christy kissed her Ellie on the head and wished her a happy Thanksgiving while little Landon scrubbed the belly of puppy Karma and giggled through a dimpled, toothless grin.
This is Thanksgiving 2012. Before too long, I’ll toss myself into the shower and head over to the kitchen of one Greg Rockwell. He and his gorgeous wife, Letti, are darling foodie friends. To say I’m looking forward to a morning full of cooking and an afternoon of eating their food? Understatement.
Hoping so very very that your holiday is grand.
Adoring you from my neck of the woods. Seriously think you’re amazing.
Make pie. Make love. Makes lots of memories today!
- One Batch Perfect Homemade Pie Crust
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon really good vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ⅛ teaspoon ground allspice
- 5 cups sliced frozen peaches (thawed)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, vanilla, cinnamon and allspice. Add the peaches and blueberries; toss until coated with flour mixture.
- Roll out pie crust and place into the bottom of pie plate. Pour filling into prepared crust. Place little dabs of butter all over the fruit. Roll out remaining crust, cut into long strips, carefully weave together to create a lattice. Place lattice crust over the top of the pie. Brush crust with milk; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 50-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool completely before serving