Looking for a delicious baked turkey wing recipe? Look no further! This baked turkey wing recipe is easy to follow and yields delicious, succulent results.
Turkey wings are smothered in a flavorful marinade, then baked in the oven until crispy and golden brown.
The key to making baked turkey wings that are both juicy and full of flavor is to cook them slowly at a low temperature. This allows the meat to absorb all of the seasonings and produce a crispy skin.
This recipe also calls for a simple spice rub of salt, pepper, and garlic powder, which gives the wings a bit of extra flavor.
Serve these baked turkey wings with your favorite dipping sauce, and enjoy!
So, if you are looking for a new and exciting way to prepare turkey wings, give this baked turkey wings recipe a try. You won’t be disappointed.
Why I love this Baked Turkey Wings recipe
There are a few reasons why I love this baked turkey wings recipe.
- First, it’s so easy to make. All you have to do is bake the wings in the oven, and they come out perfectly cooked every time.
- Second, the wings are incredibly delicious and flavorful. They’re the perfect appetizer or main course for any occasion.
- Finally, this recipe is very healthy and low-calorie, so you can enjoy them guilt-free.
Why Turkey Wings?
They are incredibly delicious but also happen to be healthier than other cuts of meat. You can add a variety of seasonings to add different flavors too.
Do You Use Whole Wings or Split?
Turkey wings can be cooked in the same manner as chicken wings. They can be left whole or split, but they will cook faster when they are split. It’s entirely up to you if you want to leave them intact or split them apart.
Sides to Serve with This Dish
- Potato Salad
- Pasta Salad
- Caesar or Garden Salad
- French Fries
- Mozzarella Sticks
- Tater Tots
- Onion Rings
How do I get crispy turkey wings?
You need to follow the recipe and make sure that you cook the turkey wings long enough. If you take them out of the oven too quickly, they won’t be crispy. You can also broil them for the last few minutes of cooking time.
Can You Use Turkey Legs or Drumsticks?
Both work well and produce the same results. So they can be used interchangeably for this recipe.
Can You Use Chicken Wings?
Yes, it’s fine to swap the turkey wings for chicken wings. You’ll just need to follow the same directions and cook them. They will cook slightly faster than the turkey wings, so be sure to check them with a meat thermometer for doneness.
- Dried oregano
- Turkey Wings
- Dried basil
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Chicken broth
How to make Baked Turkey Wings:
Step 1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Step 2. Dry the turkey wings well, and add to a large mixing bowl.
Step 3. Stir together the seasonings and spices until well combined.
Step 4. Drizzle olive oil over the turkey wings, and sprinkle with the seasonings. Toss to combine well.
Step 5. Pour the broth into a prepared baking dish, and top with the wings.
Step 6. Cover in tin foil.
Then bake for 1 ½ hour.
Step 7. Cook for another 20 minutes without the tin foil and then serve.
Baked Turkey Wings
- 2 Tbsp Dried oregano
- 3 lbs Turkey Wings
- 2 Tbsp Dried basil
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Onion powder
- 2 Tbsp Paprika
- 2 C Chicken broth
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Dry the turkey wings well, and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Stir together the seasonings and spices until well combined.
- Drizzle olive oil over the turkey wings, and sprinkle with the seasonings. Toss to combine well.
- Pour the broth into a prepared baking dish, and top with the wings.
- Cover in tin foil, and bake for 1 ½ hours.
- Cook for another 20 minutes without the tin foil and then serve.
THANKS FOR PINING!
Baked Turkey Wings recipe tips:
Here are a few tips to help you make the best-baked turkey wings ever:
- Make sure your wings are fully thawed before baking. If they’re still icy, they won’t cook evenly.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees before baking. This will help ensure that your wings cook evenly and quickly.
- Season your wings liberally with salt and pepper before baking. This will add tons of flavor!
- Bake your wings for 25 minutes, or until they’re crispy and golden brown. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
Baked Turkey Wings recipe variations
- My best variation is to coat the wings in buffalo sauce.
- Another option is to serve them with barbecue sauce or honey glaze. They can also be baked with a coating of herbs and spices, such as cumin, paprika, and chili powder.
How to Store Baked Turkey Wings
Store cooled turkey wings in a sealed container in the fridge. They will last up to 4 days. Reheat in the oven at 375 degrees for 10–12 minutes or until they are hot.
How To Freeze Baked Turkey Wings
Place in a freezer food container and store in the coldest part of the freezer for up to 4 months. If using a freezer bag, be sure to remove excess air from the bag. Thaw and reheat in the oven before serving.
More Chicken wings recipes?
3 Ingredient Crockpot BBQ Wings – These wings are perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
Caramelized Chicken Wings – It is very healthy, sweet, and crunchy.
Smothered Turkey Wings – Flavorful!