Apple pie is always a wonderful fall staple, and then caramel cheesecake is another fantastic dessert idea. But what do you do when you just can’t decide? In that case, you need to read on and find out how to make caramel apple cheesecake dip?
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
This isn’t the kind of dish you can find in restaurants and, if you’re bored with the usual restaurant dessert menu offerings, it’s time to try making this dessert for yourself, and you will be so pleased you did.
It’s a fusion dessert that combines other fall favorites, and it’s guaranteed to be a hit with the whole family. Anyone who likes apples, caramel and creamy cheesecake is going to absolutely fall in love with this tasty dessert. It will get you into the holiday spirit and you will love the sweet, rich flavors it boasts.
As for the recipe, it’s a straightforward dish to prepare and there are no hard-to-find ingredients either.
Why You’ll Love the Recipe:
This wonderful recipe is part apple pie, part caramel cheesecake and part streusel. It’s a sweet, wonderful dessert which is actually a dip.
How to Serve It:
Since this dessert is a dip, you can pair it with any dippers you want, such as crackers, vanilla wafers, pretzels, cookies, or whatever else you like.
- Cream cheese, at room temperature
- Sour cream
- White sugar
- Caramel apple pie filling
- Vanilla extract
- Dippers, to serve (crackers, cookies, wafers etc)
For the Streusel Topping:
- Brown sugar
- Melted butter
- All-purpose flour
- Caramel sundae topping, as needed
How to make Baked Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip:
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Beat the cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla, and white sugar until creamy and smooth, using an electric mixer.
Transfer the mixture into a 10-inch pie dish.
Spoon the apple pie filling on top.
Mix the flour, brown sugar and butter in a bowl.
Sprinkle this streusel topping over the apple pie filling.
Bake for 25 minutes.
Serve drizzled with caramel sundae topping, with pretzels, wafers or cookies for dipping.
This tasty dessert is perfect for a Thanksgiving dessert table. It’s hot, rich and in dip form. Serve it with crackers, cookies or your preferred dippers and just watch how fast it disappears.
Baked Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip
- 16 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 can caramel apple pie filling
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dippers to serve (crackers, cookies, wafers etc)
For the Streusel Topping:
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- Caramel sundae topping as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Beat the cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla, and white sugar until creamy and smooth, using an electric mixer.
- Transfer the mixture into a 10-inch pie dish.
- Spoon the apple pie filling on top.
- Mix the flour, brown sugar and butter in a bowl.
- Sprinkle this streusel topping over the apple pie filling.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve drizzled with caramel sundae topping, with pretzels, wafers or cookies for dipping.
Can You Make It Ahead?
Yes, you can make it in advance but don’t bake it until you’re ready to serve it because it’s best served hot.
Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator and reheat in the microwave or oven.
Variations and Substitutions:
If you can’t find caramel apple pie filling (the Lucky Leaf brand is good) you can use any kind of apple pie filling and add some caramel chips.