Bacon and Havarti Cheese, what is not to love! These delicious little Bacon and Havarti Breakfast Puffs are hearty enough to make a meal from them. Breakfast is my absolute favorite time to serve these little tasty items. However, you can also make them in a smaller pan and serve them as party pleasures and your guests will just rave about the tasty little items.
Eggs are a breakfast staple, but you don’t have to bore your family with the same old same old. This Keto Bacon and Havarti Puffs recipe will add some spice to your life and please your whole family.
How To Make Keto Bacon and Havarti Breakfast Puffs:
Step One: Set your oven to 350 degrees
Step Two: Mix together the Ricotta cheese and the 6 beaten eggs until blended well
Step Three: Mix in 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped chives, ½ teaspoon of garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste to the egg and cheese mixture
Step Four: Add 1 tablespoon of crumbled bacon into the bottom of six well-greased cupcake wells.
Step Five: Fill to ¾ full each one of the well-greased six cupcake wells with the egg and cheese mixture
Step Six: Add a small amount of the shredded Havarti cheese evenly to the top of each of the six cups
Step Seven: Place pan in the oven and bake the breakfast puffs for 15-20 minutes or until they have risen and are completely cooked
Note: The Bacon and Havarti Puffs will rise but will deflate once you remove them from the oven and they begin to cool
Step Eight: Breakfast is served. They can be served warm with fresh chopped chives as garnish
Can I Use Other Types of Cheeses in This Keto Bacon and Havarti Breakfast Puffs?
Cheese loves will want to substitute their favorite cheese in this breakfast puffs recipe. There is no problem substituting all kinds of shredded or crumbled cheese in this recipe. It will just give it a little more flare. You can also do combination cheeses on this one to kick it up a notch.
Can I Freeze These Tasty Breakfast Puffs?
Yes, you can put these in an airtight container and freeze these treats for up to one month. Remove them from the freezer and place in the refrigerator to thaw and pop them in the microwave for 1-2 minutes to heat them through.
Can I Use Egg Whites in This Recipe?
Yes, you can use egg whites in this recipe. You will need to use a few more egg whites to get the same volume of eggs.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Bacon and Havarti Breakfast Puffs
- 6 Beaten eggs
- ½ c. Bacon crumbles
- 3 oz. Shredded havarti cheese
- 2 tbsp. Chopped chives
- ½ tsp. Garlic powder
- ⅓ c. Ricotta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk ⅓ c. Ricotta cheese into the 6 beaten eggs until it is well combined.
- Add 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped chives to the egg mixture.
- Mix in ½ teaspoon of garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle about a tablespoon of crumbled bacon pieces into the bottom of each of six well greased cupcake moulds.
- Pour the egg mixture into each of the six cups. Only fill them about ¾ of the way full.
- Place a pinch of the cheese evenly into each of the six cups on top of the egg mixture.
- Bake the breakfast puffs for 15-20 minutes until they have risen and are completely cooked in the center. These will rise quite a bit, but will deflate once you remove them from the oven and they begin to cool.
- Serve warm with fresh chopped chives as garnish.