Want to know the way to get everyone to eat their Brussel Sprouts? Well look no further, with this Cheesy Brussel Sprout Bake recipe, you will hit a home run with all your dinner guests. This will be a dinner delight for you, your friends, and your family.
Adding cheese to any veggies usually seals the deal for most people, but this cheesy brussel sprout bake will make your mouth water before it even hits your plate. It is a yummy way to get your daily allowance for fiber, vitamin K and vitamin C!
How To Make Cheesy Brussel Sprout Bake:
Step One: Set your oven to preheat at 400 degrees
Step Two: In a skillet over medium-high heat add 1 tablespoon of butter. Allow butter to melt.
Step Three: Add to the butter the chopped onion, cook onion for 2-3 minutes until the onion begins to brown and soften.
Step Four: Place the brussel sprout halves in the skillet with the onions
Step Five: Sprinkle over the brussel sprouts 1 teaspoon of garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.
Step Six: Place the brussel sprout mixture into an oven-safe baking dish
Step Seven: Add 1 cup of heavy whipping cream to the same skillet and bring the cream to a boil
Step Eight: Add the shredded Havarti cheese to the boiling cream and mix until the cheese is melted, and the sauce is smooth.
Step Nine: After Havarti cheese is melted and smooth whisk in ¾ cup of grated parmesan cheese until the sauce is smooth and thickened
Step Ten: Add the cheese mixture to the casserole dish with the Brussel sprouts and stir to mix throughout
Step Eleven: Sprinkle the ¼ cup of shredded parmesan cheese over top of the cheesy brussel sprout mixture
Step Twelve: Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the Brussel sprouts are tender and the cheese sauce is bubbling
Can I Substitute Other Veggies for The Brussel Sprouts?
Not a fan at all of Brussel sprouts? Absolutely this cheesy brussel sprout bake is delicious with other veggies as well such as, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and asparagus.
What Is the Best Way to Reheat This Dish?
The Brussel Sprout Bake can be reheated in the microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or it can also be put back in the oven for 8-10 minutes at 400 degrees. Note: do not overheat or the Brussel sprouts will get mushy.
Can I Prepare This Dish Ahead of Time?
Yes, you can prepare this Cheesy Brussel Sprout Bake up to step ten and then refrigerate for up to 8 hours. You may need to add some additional baking time to bring the dish back up to temperature and get the same bubbly cheese results.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Cheesy Brussel Sprout Bake
- 1 lb. Brussel sprouts cut in half
- 1 Small onion chopped
- 1 tbsp. Unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 c. Heavy whipping cream
- ¾ c. Shredded havarti cheese
- ¾ c. Grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ c. Shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once melted, add in the chopped onion, and saute for 2-3 minutes until the onion begins to brown and soften.
- Add in the brussel sprouts that have been sliced in half.
- Mix in 1 teaspoon of garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the brussel sprout mixture into a casserole baking dish.
- In the same skillet, add 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- Bring the heavy whipping cream to a boil, and then add in the shredded havarti cheese. Mix until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Add in ¾ cup of grated parmesan cheese, and whisk until the sauce is smooth and thickened.
- Pour the cheese mixture over the brussel sprouts in the baking dish, and stir to combine.
- Top the brussel sprouts with ¼ cup of shredded parmesan cheese.
- Bake the brussel sprouts for 20-25 minutes until the top is browned, the brussel sprouts are tender and the cheese sauce is bubbling.