Cakes and desserts are all about making an indulgent treat. Salted caramel Kentucky Butter Cake is no exception! With its creamy, delicious layers of sweet and salty goodness, this unique recipe has something to satisfy any craving.
No matter what kind of occasion you’re celebrating, salted caramel Kentucky butter cake will hit the spot!
What kind of cake is the Salted Caramel Kentucky Butter Cake?
This Kentucky Butter Cake is a sweet cake that is made from scratch. With hints of salted caramel and buttery cake, it’s a must at events and gatherings.
How much butter is used in the recipe?
You’ll need 1 cup of room-temperature butter for this salted caramel Kentucky butter cake recipe.
What type of caramel is used in the recipe?
The caramel sauce is homemade and only requires 4 ingredients to make it.
For the cake:
- Baking soda
- Butter softened
- Large eggs
- Baking powder
For the sauce:
Step 1. Heat the oven to 325 degrees.
Step 2. Blend together the ingredients for the cake in a mixing bowl until smooth and creamy.
Step 3. Spread the mixture into a well-greased bundt pan, and bake for 55-65 minutes until completely cooked through.
Step 4. Allow to cool.
Step 5. Add the ingredients for the sauce to a pot over medium heat on the stove. Stir, and heat only until the butter is melted.
Step 6. Poke holes in the cake while still in the bundt pan.
Then pour the sauce over the cake and into the holes.
Step 7. Cool the cake, and remove it from the bundt pan to serve.
Salted Caramel Kentucky Butter Cake Recipe
For the cake:
- ½ tsp. Baking soda
- 3 C. Flour
- 1 C. Buttermilk
- 2 C. Sugar
- 1 C. Butter softened
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 4 Large eggs
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
For the sauce:
- 3 Tbsp. Water
- ¾ C. Sugar
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- ⅓ C. Butter
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Blend together the ingredients for the cake in a mixing bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the mixture into a well greased bundt pan, and bake for 55-65 minutes until completely cooked through.
- Allow to cool.
- Add the ingredients for the sauce to a pot over medium heat on the stove. Stir, and heat only until the butter is melted.
- Poke holes in the cake while still in the bundt pan, and pour the sauce over the cake and into the holes.
- Cool the cake, and remove from the bundt pan to serve.
PIN FOR LATER 🙂
How long will it take to prepare the cake?
It will take a little over an hour from start to finish to make this Kentucky butter cake. Most of the time is going to be spend baking the cake.
How long do you bake the cake for?
It bakes between 55-65 minutes or until it’s completely done.
What type of pan is best to use for the cake?
We prefer to use either a bundt pan or a tube pan. Both work well and bake beautifully.
How many servings does the recipe make?
Depending on how big you cut the pieces, it makes between 8-12 slices of cake.
What temperature should the oven be set at for the cake?
325 degrees F.
What is the best way to store the cake?
Store the leftover cake covered and at room temperature or in the fridge. It will last up to 4 days whether it’s chilled or not. Just keep it air tight and away from heat, sunlight, or steam.
What is the best way to serve the cake?
Serve with some ice cream, whipped cream, or sprinkle with some powdered sugar. It’s also great if you want to add some sliced fruit to put on top. This will give a burst of color.
What are some tips for making the cake successfully?
- Always use fresh, high-quality ingredients when baking this Kentucky butter cake.
- It’s best to use room temperature ingredients such as butter, eggs, and milk.
- Check the cake at the end to verify it is done. Don’t overbake it or it will be dry and not as delicious.
What should I do if the cake is undercooked?
Continue baking it in 5 minute intervals and check it again. Underbaking it will lead to a soggy cake that isn’t very good. Plus, it will not come out of the bundt pan very well. Use a toothpick to test the cake before removing it from the oven.
How can I make the cake more flavorful?
- Drizzle with some melted chocolate for an extra sweet flavor.
- Add in some chopped fresh fruit.
- Another idea is to add some chopped nuts to the cake. Pecans or walnuts are ideal.
What is the texture of the Salted Caramel Kentucky Butter Cake like?
It’s fluffy and delicious. What sets it apart from other cakes is the fact that it has a buttery caramel sauce that seeps into the cake, making it super moist and flavorful.