A moment of silence, please. For this here ice cream.
Pumpkin Praline Ice Cream
This easy (and ridiculously delish) ice cream can be made without an ice cream maker. Rich, heavy cream is spiked with spicy pumpkin, studded with mapled pecans, then poured into a bread tin and frozen until you can't stand it anymore, rip it from the fridge, and dig in.
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup sugar
- Place the cream, sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and 2 tablespoons of the sugar into a blender.
- Beat until the mixture becomes slightly whippy (you can also do this with a hand mixer or stand mixer, if needed).
- In a small, nonstick saucepan, heat the pecans, maple syrup, and remaining sugar together until the sugar and syrup start to thicken around the pecans.
- Transfer to a piece of parchment and allow to cool.
- Crumble the mapled pecans on top of the cream mixture. Stir until the pecans are evenly distributed throughout. Transfer the ice cream to a bread pan (or plastic container).
- Cover with a large plastic bag (or plastic lid) and place in your freezer overnight.
- Serve a scoop of ice cream in a small ramekin, or in a mini graham cracker crust topped with a bit of caramel sauce.
Leave a Reply