When dear friends invite you for a spontaneous Spring barbecue on a lazy Saturday night, you don’t say yes. You say heck yeah, gather the kids in their mismatched loungewear, and assemble a to-die-for dessert stat.
This is that dessert. It takes about three fingers and fourteen minutes to prepare. It’s fresh and light and lovely.
Resplendent with berries. Drizzled with honey. Complete with a layer of vanilla freckled Greek yogurt. Did I mention resplendent with berries?
Which, as it turns out, is almost as delightful as a table resplendent with beloved friends.
Berry, berry delightful, indeed.
Plump Perfect Berry Tart
- 2 sheets puffed pastry thawed
- 1 ½ cups vanilla Greek Yogurt
- ½ vanilla bean
- 12 ounces blackberries
- 6 ounces raspberries
- 2 kiwi diced
- ½ cup honey
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly coat a baking sheet with a thin layer of nonstick cooking spray. Unroll the sheets of puffed pastry onto the baking sheet. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown and flaky. Remove from oven and roll down the center of the pastry with a wooden rolling pin. Allow to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the yogurt and seeds from the vanilla bean. Spread the yogurt in the flattened, center portion of the puffed pastry. Top generously with berries and kiwi. Zap your honey in the microwave for 10-12 seconds. Drizzle over the berries. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 3 hours.
- Slice into squares to serve. Makes approximately 15-18 servings. Or....you know...one really big serving for people like me who can't stop indulging in the awesomeness that is this dessert. 😉
Leave a Reply