I gotta tell you. One Dish Delish recipes are starting to rock my world. Are they rocking yours?
These recipes are the ultimate way to cook without actually having to cook. They hardly require a recipe. They are unanimously adored by everyone in the kitchen vicinity. And they make you look faaaabulous, despite the secret fact that you spent exactly 1.02 seconds tossing the meal together.
Of course, you DO look fabulous, darling. So own it.
Here’s how this one rolls…really basic Mexican flavors. All together in wedded bliss. It’s like the ultimate episode of Sister Wives, where Christine gets to take over, Meri gets to go to Cancun on vacation, and Robyn cries NOT over absurd drama, but because she’s been chopping jalapenos. That’s what I’m saying. This dish is the polygamist version of food joy.
To make it all extra easy, I raided the Mexican food aisle in our grocery store and nabbed a 99-cent packet of Salsa Mix. If you can find such, stick it in your grocery basket. If you can’t, I’ve included a spice mix alternative in the recipe below. My running total for this recipe was about $18.41. A little more than I like to spend on a meal, but I was buying the chicken not on sale, and you’re going to be smarter than me, so I’ll bet you can make this little dish for about 12 bucks. See? Told ya you were fabulous.
Now we’s just gonna layer. And layer. And layer. Tomatoes. Onions. Chicken chicken chicken. Our hearts are so happy. They are SO happy.
Then we’re gonna drizzle it all with olive oil and spices. Our hearts are so grateful. They are so, so grateful.
Toss it in the oven, bake away, and 30 minutes later, you’ve got your entire meal ready to burst forth from the dish. A little sprinkling of Queso Fresco, a dabble of cilantro, and all be well.
All be well, indeed.
You really ARE fabulous, you know. FAB.U.LOUS.
One Dish Delish Mexicana Chickana
- 5-8 thinly sliced chicken breasts
- 5 large ripe tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1 large purple onion sliced thin
- 1 jalapeno sliced thin
- 3 large cloves garlic chopped
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon Mexican Salsa seasoning OR
- -1 teaspoon cumin
- -½ teaspoon chili powder
- -½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 avocado sliced
- ½ cup Queso Fresco crumbled
- ½ cup cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large casserole dish, layer the chicken, tomatoes, sliced onions, and jalapenos.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, spices, and olive oil.
- Drizzle over the chicken. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add lime wedges around the top of the chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to bake or bake immediately, uncovered, for 25-35 minutes, just until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven, top with crumbled cheese and cilantro. Spoon, serve, and enjoy
Leave a Reply