Cheeseballs are always popular but you might prefer to make individually sized portions, which is where this clever recipe comes into play. The mini cheeseball bites are cheesy, creamy and full of flavor.
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
They’re ideal for any special occasion or holiday, and nobody will be able to resist. They are fun to prepare and fun to eat too.
The cheesy filling can be flavored however you like and you can roll these tasty bites in nuts, herbs or whatever you can think of, coming up with your own variations and making as many different flavors as you want. Cream cheese, butter and cheddar make up the cheeseballs, along with Worcestershire sauce and horseradish sauce.
As for the toppings, green onion, sliced almonds, dried cranberries, bacon bits, and pecans are just some ideas. And them to finish them off and make them into finger food you will need pretzel sticks.
Why You’ll Love the Recipe:
Homemade cheeseballs are always popular and this recipe makes the cutest little mini ones you ever saw. They’re really easy to make and you can coat them in anything you want.
How to Serve Them:
Serve these chilled as part of a buffet platter or for a special occasion.
Can You Make Them Ahead?
Yes, you can make them a day ahead and keep them refrigerated in an airtight container until serving.
- Cream cheese
- Salted butter
- Shredded sharp white cheddar
- Worcestershire sauce
- Horseradish sauce
For the Toppings:
- Dried cranberries
- Minced green onions
- Flaked almonds
- Pretzel sticks
How to make Mini Cheeseball Bites:
Beat the butter and cream cheese for a minute using an electric mixer.
Add the cheese, Worcestershire sauce and horseradish sauce and mix again.
Cover the bowl and refrigerate for an hour.
Line a baking sheet using parchment paper.
Scoop out a tablespoon of the cheese mixture and roll into a ball.
Place on the baking sheet and repeat with the rest of the cheese mixture.
Roll them in your chosen toppings.
Add a pretzel stick to each one just before serving.
Individual cheese balls are well worth making because you can flavor and coat them however you wish. If you love cheese, you’re going to adore these mini cheeseballs.
Mini Cheeseball Bites
- 1 pound cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons salted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup shredded sharp white cheddar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce
For the Toppings:
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- ½ cup chopped dried cranberries
- ½ cup minced green onions
- ½ cup flaked almonds
- 5 slices finely chopped bacon
- 30 pretzel sticks
- Beat the butter and cream cheese for a minute using an electric mixer.
- Add the cheese, Worcestershire sauce and horseradish sauce and mix again.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for an hour.
- Line a baking sheet using parchment paper.
- Scoop out a tablespoon of the cheese mixture and roll into a ball.
- Place on the baking sheet and repeat with the rest of the cheese mixture.
- Roll them in your chosen toppings.
- Add a pretzel stick to each one just before serving.
Keep them in an airtight container and eat within 4 days. Remove the pretzel sticks before storing them, so they don’t get soggy.
Variations and Substitutions:
Try using mozzarella or Monterey jack in place of the sharp cheddar. Swap pretzel sticks for little bread sticks if you want, or add a little hot sauce to spice them up.