This delicious cake is suitable for any occasion. You only need six different ingredients to make it, namely butter, cream cheese, eggs, sugar, flour, and lemon extract.
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
The great thing about pound cake recipes is you just have to combine a pound of each ingredient to make them, so there was nothing tricky to memorize.
These days, the weights and measures are typically in cups so you can grab a scoop of this and a scoop of that without having to weigh anything. This recipe is based on classic pound cake but also has lemon for a zingy flavor along with cream cheese for a tasty tang, and also to help keep the cake moist.
Enjoy this cake for a late morning or afternoon pick-me-up, or have some for brunch or dessert. It’s a great cake recipe that you will want to make more than once because it’s so good.
Why You’ll Love the Recipe:
This is such an easy recipe and the resulting lemon cake is truly delicious. The zesty tang of lemon and the richness of the cream cheese makes this a cake to remember for all the right reasons.
How to Serve It:
A slice of this cake pairs with any drink you like.
- All-purpose flour
- White sugar
- Lemon extract
- Cream cheese
How to make Lemon Cream Cheese Pound Cake:
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Grease a 10-cup bundt pan or tube pan.
Beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth using an electric mixer.
Beat in the sugar, then the eggs one at a time, beating between each one.
Add the flour, bit by bit, and then stir in the lemon extract.
Pour the batter into the greased pan.
Bake for an hour or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out almost clean (or with dry crumbs only).
Cool the cake in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes and then invert on to a serving plate.
Let it cool completely, then slice and serve.
Who would think such a delicious cake recipe called for just six different ingredients? Well, this one does and it’s not lacking in flavor at all. The cake is sweet, moist and delicious.
Lemon Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1½ cups butter at room temperature
- 6 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 10-cup bundt pan or tube pan.
- Beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth using an electric mixer.
- Beat in the sugar, then the eggs one at a time, beating between each one.
- Add the flour, bit by bit, and then stir in the lemon extract.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan.
- Bake for an hour or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out almost clean (or with dry crumbs only).
- Cool the cake in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes and then invert on to a serving plate.
- Let it cool completely, then slice and serve.
Can You Make It Ahead?
Yes, you can make it in advance, since it has to completely cool down.
Keep it in an airtight container on the countertop and eat within 4 days.
Variations and Substitutions:
You can swap the lemon extract for orange extract or any other flavor you like.