If you’re in the market for an easy, yet tasty weeknight chicken dish, look no further! This garlic brown sugar chicken is simple to make and features a delicious sweet and savory combination that will have you coming back for more.
Plus, it’s perfect for those who are looking for a lighter alternative to heavier comfort foods.
So why not give it a try tonight? You won’t be disappointed!
Why do I love Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken?
There are so many things to love about garlic brown sugar chicken! For starters, it’s an incredibly easy dish to make. You simply brown the chicken in a pan and then bake it in the oven with a garlic and brown sugar glaze. That’s it!
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Brown sugar
- Olive oil
- Minced garlic
How to make Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken:
Step 1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
Step 2. Add the oil and garlic to a skillet over medium heat, and saute for 1 minute.
Step 3. Mix in the brown sugar, and stir until completely melted.
Step 4. Layer the chicken breasts into the bottom of a well-greased casserole dish, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Step 5. Pour the garlic mixture over the chicken.
Step 6. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through completely.
Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken
- 4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 Tbsp. Brown sugar
- 3 tsp. Olive oil
- 4 tsp. Minced garlic
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Add the oil and garlic to a skillet over medium heat, and saute for 1 minute.
- Mix in the brown sugar, and stir until completely melted.
- Layer the chicken breasts into the bottom of a well greased casserole dish, and season with salt and pepper to taste. .
- Pour the garlic mixture over the chicken.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through completely.
THANKS FOR PINING!
Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken Tips
- Be sure to use bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs for this recipe.
- Let the chicken rest for a few minutes after it comes out of the oven. This will help to prevent it from drying out.
- One easy way to change up this dish is to swap out the chicken thighs for chicken breasts. If you do so, be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly. Chicken breasts tend to cook more quickly than chicken thighs.
- For extra flavor, try cooking the chicken in bacon fat. Simply render some bacon in a pan.
Leave a Reply