This robust and hearty meal features smoked Polish sausage as well as potatoes, bell pepper, and onions, for a meal that will satisfy even the hungriest of bellies. In addition to those ingredients, you will need olive oil, seasoned salt, Italian seasoning, and a pinch of black pepper.
Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
NOTE: By saving this recipe, you agree to join our weekly recipes newsletter.
It is a very easy recipe using basic ingredients, but the result is really tasty and impressive. You can serve it just as it is, or pair it with side dishes.
Polish sausage is flavorful and smoked. It’s hard to find an equivalent because Polish sausage is so special. Whether you opt for Kielbasa or another Polish smoked sausage variety, this adds a hearty, meaty flavor to the casserole.
If you head to Poland (which is a bit extreme, since you can probably find this sausage in your local store!) you will find more than one hundred sausage varieties. However, just pick whichever you like the smell and look of, and you won’t get it wrong.
Why You’ll Love the Recipe:
This mouthwatering combo of smoked sausage, potatoes, onion, and bell peppers makes a fantastic dinner. It’s rich, filling and super-easy to prepare. In fact, you only need one pan.
How to Serve It:
Enjoy this as it is or pair it with your favorite side dishes, such as garlic bread or green beans.
- Smoked Polish sausage
- Russet potatoes
- Seasoned salt
- Olive or canola oil
- Italian seasoning
- Green bell pepper
- Red bell pepper
- Diced small yellow onion
- Black pepper, to taste
- Shredded parmesan cheese, to serve
How to make Fried Potatoes Onions and Smoked Polish Sausage:
Melt the butter in a pot and then add the onion, and cook until translucent.
Transfer the onion into a dish and set aside.
Add a tablespoon each of butter and oil to the pan and let them melt.
Add the potatoes, bell pepper, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning, and stir together.
Cover and gently cook for 15 minutes and then add the sausage slices.
Cook for 10 minutes and then add the onions back into the pan and cook 5 minutes.
Serve with shredded parmesan on top as a garnish, offering extra parmesan on the side.
This simple yet robust and hearty recipe makes a great dinner for those chilly evenings. However, it’s far too good to only have then, and you will find any time of the year is perfect for serving up this rich and meaty dish.
Fried Potatoes Onions and Smoked Polish Sausage
- 1 pound sliced smoked Polish sausage
- 1½ pounds russet potatoes in ½-inch cubes
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ green bell pepper
- ½ red bell pepper
- 1 diced small yellow onion
- Black pepper to taste
- Shredded parmesan cheese to serve
- Melt the butter in a pot and then add the onion, and cook until translucent.
- Transfer the onion into a dish and set aside.
- Add a tablespoon each of butter and oil to the pan and let them melt.
- Add the potatoes, bell pepper, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning, and stir together.
- Cover and gently cook for 15 minutes and then add the sausage slices.
- Cook for 10 minutes and then add the onions back into the pan and cook 5 minutes.
- Serve with shredded parmesan on top as a garnish, offering extra parmesan on the side.
Can You Make It Ahead?
Yes, you can make it in advance and reheat it.
Keep it in an airtight container in the refrigerator and eat within 4 days.
Variations and Substitutions:
You can sub any vegetables you want for the bell peppers, and use any kind of smoked sausage.