Did you think I’ve been ignoring you? I think I have been, too. This week has been one of those weeks. Rather, this year has been one of those years, but it’s all come to a head this week. And someday soon I’ll tell you about it all, but in the meantime I’m going to fatten you up with pumpkin bread and apologize profusely.
Lots of splendid recipes coming up next week.
Now go. Bake. Eat. Enjoy your weekend. You are loved.
Don’t believe me? How does cinnamon chips and a secret layer of cream cheese suit you?
Yeah. I told you I loved you.
Cinnamon Pumpkin Bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil softened
- 15 ounces pureed pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups white or spelt flour
- 1 ½ cups cinnamon chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces cream cheese cut in half lengthwise
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, brown sugar, and coconut oil. Beat until fluffy. Add the pumpkin puree, baking powder, salt, flour and vanilla. Mix together just until combined. Fold in the cinnamon chips.
- Grease and flour a large loaf pan. Spoon the all batter into the pan, then use a spoon to scoop a strip of batter from the center of the bread pan. Place the cream cheese edge-to-edge in the middle of the batter, then cover the cream cheese with the remaining batter.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees for about an hour, or just until the center of the bread springs back to the touch. Cool completely before turning out of your bread pan, slicing, and serving.