Remember yesterday, how we made a big old crockpot full of Kalua Pork for the impending Memorial Day celebration? Well, that was boring.
It was like putting putting on lotion before you pull on the raddest pair of socks. Just prep for utter coolness.
There are about eighteen thousand things you can make with that shredded pork, so just make it, make lots of it, then toss together this simple, insane pizza.
It’s got fresh pineapple. And red peppers. And spicy jack cheese. And if you look really, really closely, there are even little grass-skirted fairies singing hukilau.
Because, for reals. That pulled pork is one thing. But this pizza made with the leftovers is entirely another.
The laulau is the kaukau. And don’t you forget it.
- 1 prepared thin pizza crust
- ½ cup honey barbecue sauce
- 2 cups montery jack cheese
- ½ cup Kalua Pork
- ½ cup fresh pineapple
- ¼ cup red pepper, chopped
- ¼ chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (optional)
- Top pizza crust with barbecue sauce, monterey jack cheese, and all the toppings except the cilantro.
- Bake directly on the rack, in an oven preheat to 400 degrees, until the cheese become bubbly, about 16-18 minutes.
- Remove and cool slightly before serving with a sprinkling of fresh chopped cilantro.