We went apple picking. I say that like it’s a confessional because everytime I go apple picking, I feel like a spoiled glutton. Me and the kids, walking treelined aisles. Picking plump little apples from weighted boughs. Stealing taste after taste of their crisp-crunchy fruit.
If that sort of saintly activity makes me feel like a glutton, imagine dipping those pure, perfect fruits into a warm pot of peanut butter caramel. It’s enough to make a girl feel downright naughty.
But, oh. Sometimes naughty is so nice.
Peanut Butter Caramel Dipped Apples
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup karo syrup
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- In a medium pot, bring butter, sugar, karo syrup, and heavy cream together until smooth and melty.
- Stir in peanut butter, then keep stirring over medium-heat.
- Bring to a boil and allow to boil for 3-5 minutes (or, if you want to be technical, until the mixture reaches the soft ball stage).
- Remove from heat, allow the caramel to cool slightly, then dip skewered apples right on in it.
Looking for a traditional caramel apple recipe?
Click here to find my favorite.
And, aren’t you just lurrrving those red & green caramel apple sticks? They are actually hard plastic straws, purchased in the hula-party section of my local Hobby Lobby. So fun!
Leave a Reply