There are a few tried-and-true ingredients, the dependable standy-by’s, in Paleo eating. Eggs. Avocados. Coconut oil. Paleoites love these things, and for good reason. They’re full of protein and healthy fats, and they fill you up in the nicest of ways. Coconut oil, as an inappropriate side, also has the remarkable ability to regulate thy system, if’n you catch my drift.
Dependable stand-by’s are nice. They’re dependable. They’re stand-by’s. But, it’s easy to get a little bored when you have the same list of ingredients to munch on time after time. (Cyndi Lauper shout-out). For instance, there are mornings when I think, ” good gawd, if I have to open my mouth and scoot in another egg, Imma go loony bin on myselfs.” As you can see by my the grammar in that self-discussion, I’m already approaching loony bin on those mornings.
So, I kinda rejoiced today when I decided to combine green eggs and deviled eggs and avocados and coconut oil, and came out with this simple and splendid recipe for Spicy Avocado Deviled Eggs.
If I’d had cilantro, I’d have topped these with a bit of that. Crumbled bacon would be nice too. But, mostly, just your mouth. Because that’s where these quick and snazzy snacks belong.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- ½ very ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (softened)
- 1 ½ tablespoon vinegar
- ½ teaspoon jerk seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- chopped cilantro, if desired
- Slice eggs in half. Remove the yolk from each egg, place in a large bowl.
- Use a fork to mix together the yolks, avocado, coconut oil, vinegar, seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix until very smooth. Spoon mixture into the center of each egg. Place a dot of Sriracha onto each egg.
- Top with fresh chopped cilantro, if desired.