With this Keto Salmon Patties recipe, you can keep to your low-carb diet but also feel good about what you are eating. Salmon is one of the healthiest fish you can eat. Salmon has an impressive list of health benefits that will make you glad you found this recipe for this superfood. Salmon is rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids which is an essential part of your everyday diet and shown to reduce inflammation and lower blood pressure.
Salmon is also known to be one of the best sources of B Vitamins. Salmon has all the essential B Vitamins and is known to help improve brain, heart, and nervous system functioning. This simple, quick, and tasty recipe can help improve your health while keeping you on your diet and satisfying your hunger all at the same time.
You may be thinking, is canned salmon as healthy as fresh salmon? Canned Salmon is quicker and less expensive to start and has always been known as the stepbrother to fresh salmon, however, if you research the differences, you will be pleasantly surprised that canned salmon has all the same impressive health benefits as fresh salmon. It may even have more of those benefits depending on the source of your fresh Salmon. Some studies have proven that canned salmon may be more healthy than fresh salmon. Most canned salmon is wild-caught salmon, which has always been toughed as being healthier than farm-raised salmon.
So, this recipe is a perfect combination of fast and healthy options for you and your family.
How To Make Keto Salmon Patties:
Step One: In a large mixing bowl, add two cans of drained salmon
Step Two: Add 1 small chopped onion and 1 beaten egg to the mixing bowl with the drained salmon.
Step Three: Add to the mixing bowl the following: ½ cup of finely crushed pork rinds, 2 TBSP of fresh chopped chives, 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp of garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
Step Four: Mix all the ingredients in the mixing bowl well with your hands and make 8 equal amount patties with the mixture.
Step Five: In a skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 tsp of olive oil and 2 tsp of unsalted butter.
Step Six: When your skillet is up to the temperature you can add the salmon patties in a single layer and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side or until they are brown and seared to perfection on each side.
Note: You may need to use two skillets or cook them in separate batches as to not crowd the patties in one skillet.
Step Seven: Remove your patties from the skillet and place your cooked salmon patties on a plate with a paper towel to absorb any excess oil. Serve with fresh sour cream or your choice of chopped herbs.
How Do I Store These Keto Salmon Patties?
You can store these delicious snacks for up to 5 days in the refrigerator and you can serve them cold or reheat them in the microwave. You can also prepare them and store them in the freezer for up to one month either before you cook them or after. If you freeze them, let them thaw completely in the refrigerator before cooking or reheating.
Can I Substitute Fresh Fish for Canned Fish?
Yes, you can use fresh fish of any kind in this salmon patty recipe. Some of my favorite substitutes are cod, mahi-mahi, and tuna. You will need to steam or poach the fish first and then shred to the consistency you want to make your patties with. I suggest adding some seasoning such as salt when steaming or poaching your fresh fish to give it a bit more flavor.
What can I serve with my Keto Salmon Patties?
Steamed vegetables are my favorite item to serve with these full-flavored salmon patties. I love to steam my vegetables and squeeze fresh lime or lemon over both the salmon patties and my veggies. There are several low-carb sauces you can make also to kick this up to another level. My personal favorite is a lemon dill sauce. You can also add fresh dill or capers to the patty mixture to give it a slightly different flavor profile.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Keto Salmon Patties
- 2 14.75 oz. Cans Pink Salmon
- 1 Egg beaten
- 1 Small onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. Fresh chopped chives
- ½ c. Pork rind finely crushed
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 tbsp. Unsalted butter
- Drain two cans of pink salmon completely, and place them into a large mixing bowl.
- To the mixing bowl, add in 1 small chopped onion and 1 beaten egg.
- Mix in ½ cup of finely crushed pork rinds and 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped chives.
- Add in 2 teaspoons of worcestershire sauce and 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, plus salt and pepper to taste.
- Use your hands to mix together all of the ingredients well.
- Form the mixture into 8 even patties.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Once the skillet is hot, add in the salmon patties in a single layer, careful not to crowd the skillet. You make have to use two skillets or cook the patties in two separate batches.
- Cook the patties for 5-7 minutes on each side, making sure to brown and sear each side well.
- Let the patties drain on a paper towel for a minute once removed from the skillet and serve with fresh sour cream or your choice of chopped herbs.