When you mention Keto or Low-Carb diet, bread it the last thing you think you can have on these types of diets. This special Keto Citrus Bread treat will make you feel like you are cheating on your diet, but you will not have to hide when you are eating this tasty snack. It is delicious and still low carb. Your friends and family alike will be surprised when you serve this yummy treat.
This refreshing citrus bread is great served with coffee or tea. It is a perfect way to start your day whether you just need a quick bite before running out to do errands or if you want to relax and chat with friends over morning tea. This Keto Citrus Bread will be a hit with everyone, and you don’t have to give us your sweets just because you are on the keto diet!
This super moist, rich flavored bread will be a hit with your kids too. They will love it when you put this in their school lunch or just have it available for an afternoon snack after school and it will not be a burden on you to have it available for them because it is super easy and super quick to whip up for your family and friends.
How To Make Keto Citrus Bread:
Step One: Set your oven to 350 degrees.
Step Two: Prepare a loaf pan by greasing it thoroughly.
Step Three: Add the butter and Swerve confectioners sugar substitute to a mixing bowl and mix until fully combined and smooth and creamy.
Step Four: Add to the butter and sweetener mixtures, eggs, sour cream, and heavy whipping cream and mix until well combined.
Step Five: Add almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, lemon extract, almond extract, vanilla extract, a pinch of salt, and zest from both a lemon and an orange to the mixture in the bowl. Mix thoroughly until all ingredients are well combined.
Step Six: Place the batter in the greased loaf pan.
Step Seven: Bake for 35-40 minutes or until cooked and slightly brown on top.
Step Eight: Slice the citrus bread and sprinkle with additional lemon and orange zest for garnish and serve. Store refrigerated in a sealed container.
Can I Freeze This Keto Citrus Bread?
Yes, you can store this citrus bread for up to one month in an airtight container. Just pull it from the freezer and allow to thaw and serve.
Are There Other Ingredients I Can Add To This Citrus Bread?
Some of my favorite additions to this citrus bread are blueberries, cranberries, and strawberries. All these give the bread a little different flavor profile and add some variety to the citrus break. I love to make multiple loaves of this bread and store it in the freezer for quick snacks.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Keto Citrus Bread
- ½ c Butter unsalted
- ½ c Swerve confectioners sugar substitute
- 3 Eggs
- ½ c Sour cream
- ¼ c Heavy whipping cream
- 2 c Almond flour
- 1 ½ tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Lemon Extract
- ½ tsp Orange Extract
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp Xanthan gum
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tbsp Each of Orange and lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and thoroughly grease a loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the butter and Swerve sweetener, beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the eggs, sour cream and heavy whipping cream. Mix until combined.
- Mix in the almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, lemon extract, almond extract, vanilla extract, a pinch of salt, and the zest from both a lemon and an orange. Beat on high until they are blended well.
- Pour into the greased loaf pan, and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until cooked through and browned on top.
- Slice into 8 equal pieces and serve, or store in an airtight container in the fridge.