If you’re in the mood for some delicious barbecue shrimp, you’ve come to the right place! This recipe is super easy to follow, and it yields some of the most succulent and flavourful shrimp you’ll ever taste.
So, are you a seafood lover like me? What about barbecue? Well, we got the recipe for you! This Barbecue Shrimp is sure to please your taste buds. It’s easy to make and is perfect for a summer party or dinner.
So why not give it a try today? We promise you won’t be disappointed!
Why do I love Barbecue Shrimp?
I love Barbecue Shrimp because it is such an easy and delicious meal. All you need is shrimp, some barbecue sauce, garlic, and butter. The result? Sweet and savory shrimp that tastes amazing! Plus, this dish can be served as an appetizer or main course. It’s perfect for any occasion.
Best shrimp to use?
It’s always best to use fresh shrimp whenever possible. Not only does it taste the best, but it’s also easy to work with, and you don’t have to worry about thawing it.
We also recommend using jumbo or large shrimp. You’ll want to devour every bite of this succulent bbq shrimp.
How long to cook?
You’ll need to cook the shrimp until it’s done. The shrimp should look opaque when it’s done. If the shrimp is translucent, it needs a little more time.
What goes well with BBQ shrimp?
- Barbecue Baked Beans
- Baked Potatoes
- Creamy Pasta Salads
- Potato Salad
- Green Beans
- Bread or Dinner Rolls
- Smoked sausage
- Small ears of corn
- Baby potatoes
- Shrimp peeled and deveined
- Cajun seasoning
- Tabasco sauce to taste
Step 1. Boil the potatoes in salted water until tender.
Step 2. Add the potatoes to skewers.
Step 3. Follow the potatoes with a piece of sausage, corn, and then the shrimp.
Step 4. Heat your grill to medium-high.
Step 5. Oil the grill grates.
Step 6. Mix together the butter, tabasco sauce, and cajun seasoning in a bowl.
Step 7. Baste the skewers with the mixture and place them onto the grill.
Step 8. Grill for 4-5 minutes on each side, basting again when you flip the skewers.
- ½ lb. Smoked sausage cut into 6 pieces
- 2 Small ears of corn cut into 6 pieces
- 4 Tbsp. Butter melted
- ½ lb. Baby potatoes
- ½ lb. Shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until tender.
- Add the potatoes to skewers.
- Follow the potatoes with a piece of sausage, corn, and then the shrimp.
- Heat your grill to medium-high.
- Oil the grill grates.
- Mix together the butter, tabasco sauce, and cajun seasoning in a bowl.
- Baste the skewers with the mixture and place them onto the grill.
- Grill for 4-5 minutes on each side, basting again when you flip the skewers.
THANKS FOR PINING!
Barbecue Shrimp Tips
If you want to make the best Barbecue Shrimp, there are a few tips that will help you get it just right!
- First and foremost, use fresh shrimp for the best flavor. Don’t skimp on quality here as it makes all the difference in the taste.
- When cooking your bbq shrimp, be sure to watch them very carefully. They can go from perfectly cooked to overcooked in an instant. So keep an eye on them while they’re cooking and take them off the heat when they are just done.
- And lastly, don’t be afraid to experiment with different bbq sauces until you find one that’s perfect for your tastes. There are so many out there to try and each one brings its own unique flavor. Have fun with it!
So remember these tips the next time you make Barbecue Shrimp – they’re sure to help you get it just right! Enjoy!
Barbecue Shrimp Variations
If you’re looking to switch up the classic bbq shrimp recipe, there are plenty of variations for you to try.
- For a spicy twist, try adding some cayenne pepper or chili flakes to the bbq sauce when cooking. This will give your shrimp an extra kick that’s sure to tantalize your taste buds!
- Another variation is to use different types of bbq sauce. If you want something a bit sweeter, try using a honey barbecue or even teriyaki sauce instead. It will add a whole new layer of flavor and sweetness that’s sure to be appreciated by all.
- You could also change up the base ingredients themselves by adding bell peppers, mushrooms, and other vegetables to the mix. This will give your bbq shrimp a unique flavor and texture that will be sure to tantalize all of your guests.
How long does it take to cook shrimp?
On average, shrimp will cook in 3-5 minutes. If the heat is a little higher, it can cook really fast, and if it’s on the lower side, it will take a little bit longer.
Why does my shrimp taste rubbery?
If your shrimp is rubbery, it’s because it was overcooked. Shrimp cooks really fast, unlike most other meats. So, it’s really important to keep an eye on it and remove it as soon as it’s done.
How to store BBQ shrimp?
After the shrimp has cooled, put it in a sealed container in the fridge. It will last 2-4 days in the fridge.
OTHER SHRIMP RECIPES TO TRY
Crab and Shrimp Seafood Bisque – Super satisfying and delicious.
One Pan Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo – Every bite is irresistible!