Keto Cinnamon Vanilla Granola is a sweet, crunchy snack on the go. Keep some with you to enjoy anytime the munchies hit!
Did you know that despite being marketed as a health food, 90% of the granola mixes on the market are not healthy at all? While they may keep the hanger away, they are also typically loaded with sugar and carbs and nowhere near hitting the appropriate keto-macros that you need.
Since I love granola and putting it in everything for added crunch, whether that meant eating it as several or adding it to yogurt or just eating it by the handful, I knew I had to come up with keto granola to replace all the not-so-healthy granola I used to purchase.
I use granola as cereal and in yogurt, in addition to eating it as a snack itself, so I wanted to create keto granola that was high in fiber and protein, low in carbs, and a little bit sweet with enough flavor to enjoy in a variety of ways.
That’s how this Keto Cinnamon Vanilla Granola was born.
With a variety of nuts – almonds, pecans, and walnuts – as well as different healthiest types of seeds, like pumpkin and chia, this keto granola is loaded with health benefits. Chia seeds are one of the foods on the planet and pumpkin seeds also have nutritional benefits. Together with the nuts, they make this one of the healthiest granolas you’ll ever eat, and one that’s also filling! A handful or two of this and you’ll be good until your next meal!
To coat everything with the cinnamon vanilla flavor, I used some vanilla, syrup, and butter along with the spices. The provides a flavorful coating and a bit of sweetness, making this Keto Cinnamon Vanilla Granola perfect as a cereal. I like to enjoy it with unsweetened vanilla almond milk in the mornings.
If you have some keto yogurt, mixing in this cinnamon vanilla granola is a great way to add some crunch and sweet flavor. It’s a great way to make yogurt a more filling breakfast or treat.
I also like to keep a small amount of keto granola in my purse, for those afternoons when hanger begins to set in and often pack it as a snack if we ever go on any family hikes or picnics.
I can honestly say keeping this keto Cinnamon Vanilla yogurt on hand has saved my family from some meltdowns. You know the ones when errands take longer than expected and the kids are tired of being in the car and ready for lunch but you don’t want to hit the drive-through and it’ll still be a while before you get home to make them something simple. A handful of this keto granola is usually enough to satisfy them until we can get home and I can pull together a sandwich or another easy keto lunch.
Whether you prefer granola as a snack, cereal, or in some yogurt, you’ll definitely want to give this Keto Cinnamon Vanilla Granola a try.
How To Make Keto Cinnamon Vanilla Granola:
Step 1. Begin by preheating the oven to 300 degrees.
Step 2. In a large bowl, combine almonds, coconut, pecans, and walnuts.
Step 3. Add in pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, almond flour, and erythritol. Stir to combine.
Step 4. Add in vanilla.
Step 5. Pour in melted butter and stir to combine.
Step 6. Stir in keto-friendly syrup.
Step 7. Place mixture on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Step 8. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Be careful not to overcook.
Step 9. Let cool and then break any large pieces. Store in an airtight container.
How should I store this keto granola?
Keto Cinnamon Vanilla Granola should be stored in an airtight container. Be sure to keep moisture out. I’ve found it lasts with appropriate freshness for up to 2 weeks. If you plan to carry some in your purse, small plastic containers with twist-off lids work great. I also use those to keep some keto granola on my desk at work, to munch on between meetings or before lunch.
What variations can I make to keto granola?
Feel free to get creative with this keto granola! If there are other nuts or seeds you prefer, add them in! Just be sure to check the carbs and make sure they are keto-friendly. You can also add in keto chocolate chips if you’re a chocolate lover. You could also make spicy keto granola by swapping out the spices and using something like cumin or chili powder. I haven’t tried that yet but I plan on it.
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
Keto Cinnamon Vanilla Granola
- ½ c. Sliced almonds
- ½ c. Chopped pecans
- ½ c. Chopped walnuts
- ⅓ c. Raw pumpkin seeds
- ½ c. Unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 tbsp. Chia seeds
- 3 tbsp. Almond flour
- 1 tbsp. Erythritol or other keto friendly sweetener
- 2 tbsp. Butter melted
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. Keto friendly sugar free syrup we used Honest Maple Pecan Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the unsweetened shredded coconut, sliced almonds, chopped pecans and chopped walnuts.
- Add in pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, almond flour, cinnamon and erythritol. If you wish to use a different keto-friendly sweetener, you can swap them out without an issue. Stir the ingredients to combine them well.
- Mix in 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Pour the melted butter over the top of the granola, and stir to combine.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons of a keto-friendly sugar free syrup. Be sure to check the lable and find a sugar free syrup with a low number of carbs.
- Place the granola in a flat single layer spread out on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake the granola for 10-15 minutes until it is crispy and toasted. Do not overcook, or your granola will taste burnt.
- Let the granola cool down, and then break apart any large pieces. Store any unused granola in the fridge in an air-tight container.
Don’t miss these other keto snacks:
- 15 Keto Snacks for Weight Loss – These are great to have on hand when temptation strikes so you can make a better choice. Here are 15 Keto snacks for weight loss.
- The Best On-The-Go Keto Snacks – Regardless of when you need one, these snacks are great to have on hand just in case. Here are the best on the go Keto snacks to have on hand.
- 20 Easy Keto Snacks – There are a ton of easy low prep snack options out there for those on a Keto diet. Here are 20 easy Keto snacks that will make weight loss easier.