The Cinnamon Swirl Bread is a classic recipe that you cannot miss in your repertoire. Learn to prepare it here with us.
It’s a fun way to play with flavors, and bring to your table the most classic Cinnamon Swirl Bread recipe of all.
2 cups Flour
1 cup Sugar
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Kosher Salt
1 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
1 cup Buttermilk
⅓ cup Canola Oil
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
2 Large Eggs
½ cup Brown Sugar
2 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
2 tbsp Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter (Melted)
1 ½ cup Powdered Sugar
2 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
¼ cup Milk
Step 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×5 loaf pan with pam baking spray.
Step 2. Using a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, kosher salt and the cinnamon.
Step 3. Using a large bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, canola oil, vanilla and eggs until combined. Gradually beat in the dry ingredients until combined.
Step 4. Using a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter and 2 tbsp ground cinnamon until combined.
Step 5. Pour half of the bread batter into the loaf pan. Pour half of the cinnamon butter mixture onto the batter.
Step 6. Using a knife, swirl the cinnamon butter mixture into the batter. Top with the remaining batter. Swirl the rest of the cinnamon butter mixture into the batter.
Step 7. Place the bread pan onto a cookie sheet and place into the preheated oven and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing and placing onto a wire rack.
Step 8. Using a medium bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, cinnamon and milk until combined.
Pour over the bread and allow the glaze to set before enjoying!
Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 2 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 ½ tsp Cinnamon Ground
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- ¼ cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
Ingredients for the Swirl:
- 2 Tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Ground
- 2 tsp Unsalted Butter Melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, buttermilk. oil, eggs, and vanilla
- In a large mixing bowl. With an electric mixer, beat the ingredients for 3 minutes.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Use an offset spatula to smooth the top of the batter. Set aside.
- Add sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter in a small bowl. Sprinkle topping on the top of the loaf of bread.
- Use a knife cut in a light swirling motion for a marbled effect.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Test the center of the loaf of bread by inserting a toothpick. If it comes out clean, remove it from the oven to cool.
- Set it aside for a few minutes to cool before slicing.